Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Anyone who uses this product I have a few questions how to use it. As of now I am running biopellet and gfo reactors where No3 is 2ppm and Po4 is 0. I started dosing nopox one week ago 2ml every day for a 65 gallon tank. Can I stop using biopellet and gfo all together right away or should decrease each one ? Will nopox keep my levels as they are now or I will have to readjust dosing once pellets and gfo are discontinued?

Thank you.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Slow

I would cut the gfo and bio pellets slowly and watch your levels. Slowly increase your nopox dosage as u cut the other two. Until u have completely removed them and your levels stay the same. Keep an eye on your protein skimmer as I have found nopox to increase the bubbles hence making for a wetter skim.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love Nopox since starting have seen a dramatic decrease in diatoms on sandbed and skimmer skimming better (wouldn't necessarily say wetter) but increases production def!!

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I would cut the gfo and bio pellets slowly and watch your levels. Slowly increase your nopox dosage as u cut the other two. Until u have completely removed them and your levels stay the same. Keep an eye on your protein skimmer as I have found nopox to increase the bubbles hence making for a wetter skim.

So should I just remove some biopellets from the reactor and put half the amount of gfo for now ?

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
+1 on Slow.
Pro and Cons.

Bio-Pellets , works great ( i refer most to NPX made in Holland) , most of ppl. wont use the right way , wrong reactor, wrong flow, wrong B.P. etc. Hard to control , just like Chaetto , hard to know how much to add or remove , in small tanks is NOT easy to control , if you happy , stay with B.P. both are source of Carbon, GFO you will use in both ways.
NOPOX is also source of Carbon ,This is the rough recipe:

"Mix one part vinegar to one half part vodka and one half part water. If you want to get even closer, add a little more vodka and a little less water." C/P

NOPOX is much easy to control, a way easy compare to B.P. but ......density of Bacteria will be much high in main tank , some "Fancy" SPS Corals wont like it.
Both way , you need GOOD Protein Skimmer.

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Thank you for the advice !

+1 on Slow.
Pro and Cons.

Bio-Pellets , works great ( i refer most to NPX made in Holland) , most of ppl. wont use the right way , wrong reactor, wrong flow, wrong B.P. etc. Hard to control , just like Chaetto , hard to know how much to add or remove , in small tanks is NOT easy to control , if you happy , stay with B.P. both are source of Carbon, GFO you will use in both ways.
NOPOX is also source of Carbon ,This is the rough recipe:

"Mix one part vinegar to one half part vodka and one half part water. If you want to get even closer, add a little more vodka and a little less water." C/P

NOPOX is much easy to control, a way easy compare to B.P. but ......density of Bacteria will be much high in main tank , some "Fancy" SPS Corals wont like it.
Both way , you need GOOD Protein Skimmer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: