STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Looking to see if anyone has any input. The Triton test from BRS and the like is $50. Amazon has an ICP test for $30 and an ATI ICP-OES test for $40. Is there a difference? Seems like its just branding? Is the Triton the only one that gives you results within the parameters we are looking for in our reef tanks?

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Ive used 3-
Trition, ATI, and marinlab.
I sent all 3 samples from the ssme batch of water.

I will only use Triton now, for a few reasons.
The results were processed faster.
They will give better details of corrective actions needed.
They also sell the supplements needed for those corrective actions if wanted.

I do use the marinlab for my RODI.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Doesn't ATI do your RODI and your tank in one test IE they give you two vials? I've only done Triton so far but I've heard good things about ATI. Their (ATIs) equipment, calibration and staff seem superior to the others.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I totally don't trust MarineLab. If you search some other forums the owner had a brief presence where he tried to promote his business. Crash and burn would be the only way I think you can accurately sum up how the conversations went. He was unable to answer any question of a technical nature.

Imagine if someone from the Jersey Shore TV show bought an ICP testing machine because they thought it would be a cash cow.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I totally don't trust MarineLab. If you search some other forums the owner had a brief presence where he tried to promote his business. Crash and burn would be the only way I think you can accurately sum up how the conversations went. He was unable to answer any question of a technical nature.

Imagine if someone from the Jersey Shore TV show bought an ICP testing machine because they thought it would be a cash cow.
Marinlab is partnered with aquaforest, I didn't like it due to how long it took for results sending to Poland...not NJ
Apparently, they now they are being tested in US as well.

As far as ATI -IMO,
The test doesn't reallly comes with any guidance of what is acceptable or not in either test compared to Triton, but results were closer together than with Marinlab.

The ICP analyst from amazon has the very bad reviews, (i can't link other forum on MR, but its there).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: