Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Came down this morning to feed the three small chromis in my new setup and I saw this flowing in the current. Naked eye says bryposis, thoughts? If so, I do feel fortunate given there is only fish in the tank at the moment. Is fluconazole still the best treatment? Any chance this is something to wait out given the tank just finished cycling?

IMG_8401.jpg

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Definitely looks like bryopsis
Kent tech M worked for me 3 times already. Raise ur mag to 1800+ n keep it for 2-3 weeks. After that is gone. I have try doing it with other mag suplements but no luck.
Must b something on the Kent stuff.
Dnt wait it will only spread n get worse
Gd luck

nano

don't fear the reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Did you start with dry rock? That almost seems impossible.

Tech M's current formula did nothing for me in the past. Give it a try, but don't hold your breath.

Fluconazole is awesome, but after having used it multiple times, I can say that it will NOT 100% rid your system of bryopsis. But it does seem to condition the rock in a way that the bryopsis doesn't come back on existing rock.

I had treated with fluco and my bryopsis was visibly gone. I didn't see any for many months. Then a few heads of a torch died when my return pump seized. In a couple weeks, the dead heads were sprouting feathers. I chopped them off and haven't seen any since. So it seems bryopsis spores of some sort still exist in the system, but they don't start to grow unless they find a new clean place to root.

If your system is new, I'd move everything to a QT for the fish and then reboot the rocks. I'd kill it all by taking the rocks out and dunking in h202 or drying them.

Good luck.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Did you start with dry rock? That almost seems impossible.

Tech M's current formula did nothing for me in the past. Give it a try, but don't hold your breath.

Fluconazole is awesome, but after having used it multiple times, I can say that it will NOT 100% rid your system of bryopsis. But it does seem to condition the rock in a way that the bryopsis doesn't come back on existing rock.

I had treated with fluco and my bryopsis was visibly gone. I didn't see any for many months. Then a few heads of a torch died when my return pump seized. In a couple weeks, the dead heads were sprouting feathers. I chopped them off and haven't seen any since. So it seems bryopsis spores of some sort still exist in the system, but they don't start to grow unless they find a new clean place to root.

If your system is new, I'd move everything to a QT for the fish and then reboot the rocks. I'd kill it all by taking the rocks out and dunking in h202 or drying them.

Good luck.

I had about 5lbs of live rock and some rock from previous tank that was just in water, with no heater, no movement, no salt. Apparently this stuff can live through the apocalypse.

I picked up some hermits today and they are going to town on that stuff. I'd like to try the fluco first as it will be a pain to get all the rock out, its all cemented together with the marco rock cement. If I can inhibit most of it with fluco, then I can spot treat with peroxide.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: