Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I just wanted to start my first discussion up with this topic because my high school buddy Frank from World Wide Coral told me the benefits of it and it's really helped with my fish, coral and inverts health. Most importantly it's helped the budget.

Like many of you you I'm always here to learn so why don't you guys share your recipes if you prepare your food, comments and thoughts on the whole subject!

I put a picture down below but it's missing the secrets ingredients...Reef roids and Reef Chilli that I use on batches that I don't rinse and add on corals feeding days.

Attachments

• IMG_9544.JPG
    IMG_9544.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 263

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I use blender, $ 40 , works GREAT.
I use Clams 15-20
Scallop
Jumbo Shrimps
Few eggs ( only yellows) 3-4
Some boiling rice.
Octopus
Mix all , leave on refrigerator , mix every day for 3 days.
Put in 12 oz. plastic bottle , then freeze, defrost one of bottle at the time.
Protein Skimmer got crazy, skim wet for few time , depend how much i use.
I realize Fish got crazy , coral love it .

Truth

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to make my own food, it's cheaper I suppose? And you can probably do it less frequently, currently I use pellets, frozen cube mysis, nori and frozen cube emerald entree, sometimes I put a clam on the half shell as well but it all comes from aquarium shops or petco, never tried local fish market shopping is that safe for our aquariums? You guys take all these scallops/fish eggs/clam/veggies And grind them all up together then freeze? Where does one even buy fish eggs? You add selcon or vitachem?

Angelfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I saw a post on r2r once where apparently there's a club where each member brings one ingrediant and they make a huge patch everyone takes a bit of back home:

Broccoli
Kale
Spinach
Frozen brine shrimp
Frozen krill
Frozen silverside
Frozen blood worms
Rockfish
Talapia
Lobster tail
Salmon
Scallops
Shrimp
Soft crab
Multiple seaweeds
Garlic extreme
Freeze dried rotifiers
Brine shrimp eggs decapsulated
Freeze dried or frozen plankton
Frozen pe mysis
Squid
Phytoplankton
cyclpeeze/reed rods
Kens golden pearls/dried mysis/dried daphia/dried superba krill
Reef plus concentrated vitamins and amino acid supplement

I can imagine how excited these fish must be at feeding time with such a concoction

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I saw a post on r2r once where apparently there's a club where each member brings one ingrediant and they make a huge patch everyone takes a bit of back home:

Broccoli
Kale
Spinach
Frozen brine shrimp
Frozen krill
Frozen silverside
Frozen blood worms
Rockfish
Talapia
Lobster tail
Salmon
Scallops
Shrimp
Soft crab
Multiple seaweeds
Garlic extreme
Freeze dried rotifiers
Brine shrimp eggs decapsulated
Freeze dried or frozen plankton
Frozen pe mysis
Squid
Phytoplankton
cyclpeeze/reed rods
Kens golden pearls/dried mysis/dried daphia/dried superba krill
Reef plus concentrated vitamins and amino acid supplement

I can imagine how excited these fish must be at feeding time with such a concoction

My fish and Corals love this food guys! I'm starting to stay away from prepackaged stuff and go natural if possible. Once I get a house and have some real space, I would love to start feeding live brine shrimp.

@Vio, I'm going to take some of your suggestions bro.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: