Truth

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, got a queen off another reefer about a week and a half ago, was eating fine up till 2 days ago when it stopped, now it just swims in place behind a rock it chose, yesterday it seemed to show interest in the food but didn't eat and today ignores food completely, I tried garlic guard to make mysis/pellets more appealing as well to no avail, everything is the same, tank params normal and I don't see anything wrong with it besides for slightly faster breathing, the only thing I saw that might have triggered this is the sailfin tang acting aggressive towards it the other day but that was only 9nce and I haven't seen any further aggression since

Anyone got advice on restarting an angel on food? Really don't want to lose this guy

Truth

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried nori, I leave it on the clip but the queen doesn't emerge from behind the rock to even see it so not sure if it's not interested or isn't looking, I also thawed emerald entree along with the pe mysis and sprinkled it over the rocks but it ignored the pieces floating by

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
If he was eating previously and stopped it is likely an health issue. Is it still breathing fast? If there are no visible signs of ich, it maybe flukes. I would take it out and freshwater dip to check.

Good luck.

Truth

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gkt some pics, tried to put to nori back there but it was ignored, on the queen i don't see any cloudy eyes, nor does it appear to have ick, maybe you guys can see something I don't, it is still rapidly breathing, I added 3 air pumps to try and oxygenate the water, as in typing this though I saw the saw the sailfin attack and nip off part of its tail, going to separate them

Truth

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics

Attachments

• 20180802_175932.jpg
    20180802_175932.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20180802_175925.jpg
    20180802_175925.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 162

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My experience. Leave the fish alone. Ignore it. Feed normally and if the fish is healthy, she will eventually eat. Chasing an already stressed and scared fish in my opinion is a death sentence. You said you got him from another reefer. Was it sick then? If not, give it time to acclimate without added stress. I?ve added new fish that disappeared for a week and presumed dead to discover one morning it swimming ready to eat. Nature will always take its course regardless. Good luck with fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilgtank

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello! Just joined this forum. I realize these posts are very old, but I also have this non-eating issue with my Queen. All was well for several years. then one day, she just stopped eating. It has now been about one month and I am amazed she is still alive. The fella that maintains my tank for me says she does not look good but no infections, etc. His theory. I have a very aggressive blue tang that and he thinks thats the cause of stress and on eating for the Queen. But they've been in the same tank for several years!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: