jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
wats the best way to raise nitrate im currently running in my refugium 1 marine pure block 8x8x4 plus 1 box of spheres i also have 2 bags of chemipure a carbon pad and phosphate pad the cheato died off so i ave none at the moment i was thinking of adding some to help with the phosphate i have a 120 gallon mixed reef is this overkill?

here my parameters
cal 460
alk 8.7
mag 1420
phosphate 0.08
nitrate 0
salinity 1.026
temp 78.4
test kits i used are
hanna calicum alk phosphate
red sea for magnesium
salifert for nitrate
all test kits are new

Last edited:

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
would reef roids or phyto feast do the job plus some fish ive tried feeding 3x a day with mysis n brine shrimp but really no luck as far as fish i have 2 chromis a wrasse yellow belly hippo tang unicorn tang magnificent foxface 2 cleaner wrasses how many fish should i add

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
You have some large fish, the 2 tangs and the Foxface are probably going to get to large for the tank in the long run, but if they're small now they're not producing enough waste to boost your nitrates up. I would say that you could add a couple of other fish, like clowns, wrasses, or even a small angel. I'm not sure how much reef roids or phyto feast aren't going to add nitrate wise but instead of using Mysis I would try and meatier food like Rods, as they should have produce more waste in the end.

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
wats the best way to raise nitrate im currently running in my refugium 1 marine pure block 8x8x4 plus 1 box of spheres i also have 2 bags of chemipure a carbon pad and phosphate pad the cheato died off so i ave none at the moment i was thinking of adding some to help with the phosphate i have a 120 gallon mixed reef is this overkill?

here my parameters
cal 460
alk 8.7
mag 1420
phosphate 0.08
nitrate 0
salinity 1.026
temp 78.4
test kits i used are
red sea for magnesium
salifert for nitrate
all test kits are new

Potassium Nitrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This website helps you with the solution preparation and dosing amount.
http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm

Juano have you used this product before? How did you feel about the results. How often did you does? If your nitrates were 0 to start with,what was your target and how long did you dose to achieve that number? How long did you use the product for?

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Juano have you used this product before? How did you feel about the results. How often did you does? If your nitrates were 0 to start with,what was your target and how long did you dose to achieve that number? How long did you use the product for?

I?ve been using it for a while and I?m happy with it, I dose 2 mls twice per day to keep Nitrate around 7ppm.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0

here my parameters
cal 460
alk 8.7
mag 1420
phosphate 0.08
nitrate 0
salinity 1.026
temp 78.4
test kits i used are
red sea for magnesium
salifert for nitrate
all test kits are new

NOT sure how you got "0" Nitrate ? Those blocks wont help in my opinion , i trow in garbage after many tests, if i was you , i will try Red Sea for NO3 , your test kit may be wrong.
If, If,If........NO3 is really "0" try to find way ?
Dosing all kind of stuff (chemicals NOT organic) may work against you.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
retested got my nitrates up 2ppm phosphate 0.04
bought another salifert test kit 2 make sure is there any other test besides salifert i was thinking about gettin the red sea test kit has any one ever had it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: