ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
More like ever since they started naming their glue fragging glue at first the tops of every ?bottle? was extremely liquidity now it seems like they fixed that but went cheaper on the caps
The caps was the reason the glue didn?t dry out
it had a piece of metal in it that would plug up the hole until you needed to use the glue again
now it drys up and you have to switch the tops (if you can even get it off)
so basically a two use ?bottle? of glue
I use allot of glue for a regular hobbyists about 10-20 bottles a month now ?my guy? is telling me the price went up by $1

BSI your messing up a great product if it ain?t broke don?t fix it
I don?t care what its called i just want good glue that doesn?t seal itself every time

Metal prong in old caps
92a84af2e081c4818e5fc5ca40ee9a50.jpg

Plastic prong in new caps (that doesn?t do anything)
3e44e7d3166c15d564c481398315be6e.jpg

Last edited:

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is why I switched to Gorilla Glue. The last tube of BSI was garbage, used it twice and the cap got clogged and I couldn't get it off to replace with another so into the garbage it went. Gorilla glue is just as good but needs to be shaken before it's used.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IC-Gel

Three months ago we switched to an "improved" formula that is more surface insensitive. It has been well received in areas like auto body repair and home construction, but appears to cure too fast for some aspects of fragging. The testing we have done over the past two weeks has not revealed any of the clogging that is reported here. Each time I have used several tubes (about 10 times for each tube over the two week period) the gel comes out without a problem. These tests were not done, however, with any exposure to saltwater, which may be acting as an accelerant in the cases mentioned here. Our current top is the same top we used for for over ten years without a problem before switching to a cap with a metal pin for two years. The "surface insensitivity" is probably the issue, and all shipments will have the original formula within three months.
At the same time BSI is going to have a 50 ml size ready for the market. It will be our part number BSI-115 with a retail price of $10.99. It has a slightly larger top and cap that has passed all our "dispenses ever time" tests. Yes, we have learned a common lesson - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Charlee Smith
Bob Smith Industries

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Three months ago we switched to an "improved" formula that is more surface insensitive. It has been well received in areas like auto body repair and home construction, but appears to cure too fast for some aspects of fragging. The testing we have done over the past two weeks has not revealed any of the clogging that is reported here. Each time I have used several tubes (about 10 times for each tube over the two week period) the gel comes out without a problem. These tests were not done, however, with any exposure to saltwater, which may be acting as an accelerant in the cases mentioned here. Our current top is the same top we used for for over ten years without a problem before switching to a cap with a metal pin for two years. The "surface insensitivity" is probably the issue, and all shipments will have the original formula within three months.
At the same time BSI is going to have a 50 ml size ready for the market. It will be our part number BSI-115 with a retail price of $10.99. It has a slightly larger top and cap that has passed all our "dispenses ever time" tests. Yes, we have learned a common lesson - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Charlee Smith
Bob Smith Industries

Good news! Loved it before the change.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im really happy and appreciate the response
It tells me allot about a company
Looking forward to seeing the improved next batch
Are you going back to the other caps?
changing the formula?
Orrr

The surface insensitive (SI) feature results in the CA curing in environments where regular CAs would require much more time or an accelerator to cure. I think this is causing the issues with the current top (which is actually our older top). The cap with the metal pin in it is no longer available. Clogging was not an issue 3 or more years ago so you should not see any issues with the return of the original formula and cap.
SI has many advantages in industries that use CA, but we've learned that's not the case with aquariums.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
have to say I've used polyp labs glue for a few weeks now and its great. tube doesn't suck in water when used underwater. globs really well out of water, stays unactivated for a long time out of water, and then activates and sets underwater within 15 seconds. really happy. and it comes in small tubes so you don't waste, but they are reusable. definitely my new go to glue, even if BSI returns

Ligershark

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
New formula sucks and tubes are solidifying. I had to use a razor blade to cut the cap off after my first use.

I thought I was crazy. What are you all switching to? Im going to try seachem frag glue.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: