Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So far the last few months i have been dealing with this in my tank. I have air bubbles all over my rock work. For some time i thought it might be dinos forming cause i have alil bit on my sand bed and i thought that maybe it just spread, but these dont ever form the string brown snot that comes along with dinos. They blow off the rocks with a turkey basters and just seem to disappear into the water or down the overflow. i know i have issue that im trying to get under control like cyano. i checked water parameters yesterday and Nit 2ppm and Phos .01ppm. You can see the bubbles in the picture covering the rocks any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I should add the tank is just alill a year old started with all dry rock/sand.

Attachments

• 20181128_202515.jpg
    20181128_202515.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 20181128_202528.jpg
    20181128_202528.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
So far the last few months i have been dealing with this in my tank. I have air bubbles all over my rock work. For some time i thought it might be dinos forming cause i have alil bit on my sand bed and i thought that maybe it just spread, but these dont ever form the string brown snot that comes along with dinos. They blow off the rocks with a turkey basters and just seem to disappear into the water or down the overflow. i know i have issue that im trying to get under control like cyano. i checked water parameters yesterday and Nit 2ppm and Phos .01ppm. You can see the bubbles in the picture covering the rocks any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I should add the tank is just alill a year old started with all dry rock/sand.

What is the TDS coming out of your RODI unit? Is it zero and have you checked the water you make for silicates?

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Looks like dinos

+1
Use, www.bulkreefsupply.com/korallen-zucht-bio-mate.html
Use, Kalkawasser to increase the PH
Use , 100 micron Berlin Socks , blow rocks ( use a pump) replace socks every day for 2 weeks ,
Increase Nitrate and PO4
Remove snails ( if they die).
Use , Coral Snow after blow the Rocks.
NO , water change.
Stay a way of " Disco Light" as a main light.
If you grow Macro Algae , remove it........Dino love to hang on those.
Increase, or use more Active Carbon.
Increase water flow.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I guess I'll have to get my hands on a microscope to be sure.

Yep,

Easy test , remove a sample of that ( hair shape) use a feeding pipette , put in one drinking plastic cup , mix aggressive , the wait few min.
If , they reform in same shape , most like it is Dino.
I got scope , text me 347-491-0417 ( Vio).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: