azitaglio

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I?m getting a waterbox 100.3 in a few weeks it?s 36x24x22 is this tank big enough to House one or two tangs in the future? I know most need 4 ft but I?ve seen multiple threads of this size tank with tangs in it. I?ve been told kole tangs or yellow might work but I just want to hear from different ppl in the hobby. I wouldn?t be adding new fish for a few months down the road anyway just curious. Also, what about butterfly fish, angels or fox face? (I know most can?t fit just curious)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It's on the small side for the larger Tang, as most Tang do get fairly large and need a good amount of swimming room. A Tang in the Kole family will most likely work. I would skip the Yellow Tang as they can become a problem, especially in such a small tank. As for Rabbit/Fox Face, they also get fairly large and do need a good size tank. Some of the smaller Angels will work well in that size tank, though you do need to worry about them possibly picking at corals and such.

azitaglio

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a bunch of anthias? I forget the name but they?re bright yellow/orange. I really like the butterfly fish too, if I can get away with one tang and buy it as a juvenile I?ll be happy with my two clowns 6 line Midas blenny and hopefully anthias and maybe an angel I really like copperbands too

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
There are a number of small Anthias that will work well in a group in your tank, though you need to make sure that they get fed multiple times during the day, which will add to your load in the tank, so you need to make sure you have something up to help keep it in check, like a good skimmer or refug. You need to be careful with Butterfly fish, as some will pick on corals. A Copperband can be hard to keep and if you do you can't really have any aggressive fish in the tank, like say a Yellow Tang. If you really want a Tang I suggest you get one of the smaller ones, and buy a small one, that way it wouldn't grow too large, but they do grew fairly fast in the beginning.

azitaglio

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeh I?ll be gettin a nice reef octopus essence 130 for the tank. So the load shouldn?t be a problem. I just want a nice standout fish for the tank wen it gets going. The kole tang on live aquaria says min 70 gallons

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: