Rating - 100%
161   0   0
My tank system is 575 gallons .I have the 200 mg/hr ozone Generator attached to my apex orp probe to turn off when my tanks orp gets over 430 ..i dose the ozone threw my skimmer ,as for the smell on top of the skimmer cup I have 4 vent holes .I put little carbon bags on top of the holes so the ozen smell gets filtered there the carbon ...
If your goi g to try it get a smaller unit than u would need so u have a lesser chance of overdosing..

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I try few times , is very true , make water clear ( just like Active Carbon) i use on day time only, i use 80 mg , unit push 200 , i got around 450 Gal. system, i decide to stop, use just like monitor ORP.
Yes, smell , if you have the tank close were rest , i will not suggest , even if you use Charcoal ( to remove the rest of Ozone you use ) also will be great if you check the moisture in that specific room you got the tank .

Bottom line is this, you are the judge , if your tank is doing well , just ignore the Ozone, dosing Ozone may kill some bad bacteria , etc. but kill the GOOD bacteria in the same time , just like Hydrogen Peroxide , try some how to keep Nitrate 4-5 ppm , steady, PO4 keep 0.02 to 0.06 then you have strong immunity tank .

In my opinion.

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My tank system is 575 gallons .I have the 200 mg/hr ozone Generator attached to my apex orp probe to turn off when my tanks orp gets over 430 ..i dose the ozone threw my skimmer ,as for the smell on top of the skimmer cup I have 4 vent holes .I put little carbon bags on top of the holes so the ozen smell gets filtered there the carbon ...
If your goi g to try it get a smaller unit than u would need so u have a lesser chance of overdosing..

Oh ok thanks

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I try few times , is very true , make water clear ( just like Active Carbon) i use on day time only, i use 80 mg , unit push 200 , i got around 450 Gal. system, i decide to stop, use just like monitor ORP.
Yes, smell , if you have the tank close were rest , i will not suggest , even if you use Charcoal ( to remove the rest of Ozone you use ) also will be great if you check the moisture in that specific room you got the tank .

Bottom line is this, you are the judge , if your tank is doing well , just ignore the Ozone, dosing Ozone may kill some bad bacteria , etc. but kill the GOOD bacteria in the same time , just like Hydrogen Peroxide , try some how to keep Nitrate 4-5 ppm , steady, PO4 keep 0.02 to 0.06 then you have strong immunity tank .

In my opinion.

Wow! The funny thing my water is very clear and I was wondering how ozone would clear,clear water and i heard that it also depends on the glass your tank was made with that make your water look tinted

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: