Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
manual removal when u can. be careful not to pop the bubbles themselves in the tank. if you physically can, move the rock, powerhead, whatever, outside the tank and rinse with rodi/salt water afterwards to wash away the spores. best to let them grow actually into bigger bubbles so you can get a scalpel underneath. I found the small clumps always broke. turn off any flow in the tank so when they pop off the rock you don't lose them. don't always float to the surface. use a small net to scoop it, not your fingers they'll burst.

in addition, I had a few emeralds crabs that got hella fat from chomping away on bubble algae. its hit or miss with them, but finding one that eats it is a great find. I also think I saw my bristletooth tomini tang eat a few, but that could just be circumstance. emeralds I personally saw eat a clump. they will pop them and release spores, but will get to them before the grow large again somewhere else.

my last outbreak was in my old tank 2 years ago and i beat it. good luck.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was using Vibrant for Ha, but what little BA I had disappeared quickly and never got a foothold so it does work on that, not so much for the HA though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: