Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi,
i should have posted here before i purchased my new tank, but i did not. I was reading online with people having issues with marineland tanks leaking. the tank that i ordered is a 150 gallon 72"lx18"wx27"h with 2 overflow boxes in the corner. I was just wondering what you guys have to say about this tank or if anyone had any issues with marineland tanks before. my impression is that marineland tanks is probably the most common tank in america and they sell 1000s of tank and you will have more complaints the more tanks you sell. My tank is getting delivered tom with there stand. im a little nervous.
P.S. please also tell me if you had good experience with there tanks also.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good luck with your new tank. We can talk about the good and bad. But when you get your tank make sure nothing abnormal with the tank. Check that it ship good. Make sure tank is level when setting it up. Before mixing salt fill it up with water to see if any leaks. For a piece of mind. Any new tank can leak. But standard 150 you should be good. Usually the bigger tanks leak. Probably do to handling and shipping because of they weight.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck with your new tank. We can talk about the good and bad. But when you get your tank make sure nothing abnormal with the tank. Check that it ship good. Make sure tank is level when setting it up. Before mixing salt fill it up with water to see if any leaks. For a piece of mind. Any new tank can leak. But standard 150 you should be good. Usually the bigger tanks leak. Probably do to handling and shipping because of they weight.
Yeah, weren't the DD 300g notorious for leaking or busted seams? I remember reading about those.

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
I had a 180g made by them years ago and had no issues with it leaking. I bought the tank used from a guy upstate that had it running for a couple of years as well with no issues. Good luck with your build.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: