Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello Everyone, been dosing Vibrant Cleaner to get rid of bubble algae, for the past month and notice my corals starting t lose color and not opening fully. After testing the water and emailing the company, looks like my nutrients are too low, and I believe it because my parameters came back to clean, my nitrates were 0, which I never seen before. I was recommended to up my feedings or dose nitrates. Currently just started to up my feedings as I usually feed every few days since I don't have a lot of fish. However should I do anything else? Like should I remove GFO, PhosGuard or Stop Skimming for now? Or will the increase feedings be ok?

Probably will add reef roads too for now

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Here's what i did when my nitrates were 0.
1. Put my skimmer on a timer and ran only during the daytime.

2. Slowly removed GFO and no longer run it.

3. Feed everyday mix of frozen and pellets.

4. Dose oyster feast few times a week.

Those 4 steps i was able to bring my nitrates up to 5-10 in a few weeks. Most important thing is to do it slowly. Every tank is different.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0

Those 4 steps i was able to bring my nitrates up to 5-10 in a few weeks. Most important thing is to do it slowly. Every tank is different.
+1
Say no to GFO!! Lmao
I run my system with the skimmer shut off every night.
I also been using seachem flourish nitrogen (which is meant for planted aquariums)to rIse my nitrates
Colors in corals speak for itself.
My nitrates are almost at 30 rpm with no issues of algae

Rating - 100%
227   0   0

:thrash::thrash::thrash:

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0

I will ans.
Yes, works...........but ......i will NOT suggest to dose direct in your Display tank, refuge is a way better.

How strange this topic came into play. i'm battling bubble algae right now, got me a rabbit fish and foxface to help out ( neither one of them are helping at all )

Other than adding into the refuge - What's your recommendation on the Vibrant Reef

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
How strange this topic came into play. i'm battling bubble algae right now, got me a rabbit fish and foxface to help out ( neither one of them are helping at all )

Other than adding into the refuge - What's your recommendation on the Vibrant Reef

I got one debate in dif. forum, Vibrant works very well on Green Bubbles , but....but....but ...will create a little monsters ( Pods) then can easy kill some SPS, make STN right on the bottom of some SPS , take me months (using good scope) to find up,
those pods are so tough , they NOT even die on double dose of DIP reef stuff, i think is better to control the Nutrition avoid Vibrant , unless you got bunch of Pods eaters fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: