Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I dont have much experience with acrylic tanks, but know they should be on a pad. What are you using? My issue is I need a rather larger piece. I found some neoprene but the cost is ridiculous.

Anyone?

Wondering

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I think some use insulation foam board and those are very inexpensive.
Advanced Marine Aquatic display tank is acrylic and is about the same size as yours so you can ask them what they put underneath tank. But the best thing to do is ask the manufacturer what they recommend

_DZ_r??f

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just place it directly on plywood. I have my 300 on plywood. For glass yes some padding but not acrylic. If u skeptical look at ATM builds, directly on woo.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
..that's how everything came when I ordered the whole package

From what I saw you made your own stand. What you should do is contact the people that made you tank, they should know how the tank is suppose to sit on the stand. The people that made my tank did and told me how it should be setup, though I also had them make the stand and canopy for me too.

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
my stand was assembled at the same place they made my tank ..then disassembled so I can get it down the stairs..and i put it back together. They also provided me with the wood and it is hardwood not plywood
From what I saw you made your own stand. What you should do is contact the people that made you tank, they should know how the tank is suppose to sit on the stand. The people that made my tank did and told me how it should be setup, though I also had them make the stand and canopy for me too.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: