jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have a reef octopus sss150 skimmer with a flaot valve switch it keeps cutting off do to the collection getting filled up it it was working with no problem pulling out everyhting but now i have to keep checking it because it keeps getting filled up and shutting off i took it out and cleaned the entire unit but it still keeps doing the same thing is there anything that i can do to stop this from happening water level is 8 as recommended

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Youre saying your collection cup fills up quicker than you want it to? You can increase the water flow leaving the skimmer unit so the level in the skimmer body drops. This should make the skimmate a bit drier.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Could be several reason... did you add any medications or change out anything in your tank recently? things like filter socks some times come with some stuff on them that makes made my skimmer go nuts when they were new. Also could be some airborne chemical that got into your system that the filter is trying to get out.

Otherwise my best guess would be you accidentally touched the water out knob, something is clogging or blocking the water out knob, or your air intake may be obstructed by some salt or calcium build up.

Those are the reasons I know of that would cause a skimmer to start making more skimmate.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: