Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I have been getting them from Pets Warehouse in Carle Place. But lately it's been hit or miss if they have them in stock. I just go through the distributor now. There are two places I've bought them from. The first is https://shop.easternaquatics.com/Live-Black-Worms-1.htm, I've been using them exclusively now because they always have them.
The other place is https://www.aquaticfoods.com/BlackwormCareM.html, this was the original place I was buying them from before Pets Warehouse started to carry them. The thing with this place is being in California they are subject to droughts which effects the black worms and sometimes are not available.

I buy enough worms to last me two months ( 1/4lb.) and keep them in the fridge in a keeper like the one pictured on the California Black worms website. As long as you change the water daily or every other day the worms will stay alive the whole two months. Black worms are nutritionally one of the best foods to feed your fish and the best for finicky eaters, they can't resist the wiggling. Even my Rainford Goby whos's an algae eater and sand sifter goes crazy for them.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:12 AM
OLD SCHOOL-ish
Reefer Ratings: (12 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
--feeding mysis and or brine shrimp every few days should do the trick to supplement what the fish is lacking from hunting around for food in your tank.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:16 AM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (9)
Send a Private Message View brand's Twitter Profile
I have some aiptasia if he’s hungry bring him over .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2019, 08:19 AM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (9)
Send a Private Message View brand's Twitter Profile
Better yet sell him to me when did you get him if you had for weeks he has to be eating else he would have gone already

My tank has pods and aiptasia till he starts to eat frozen

Pm price else good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
I got mine , list 5 years, almost die few times, after finish aptisia ,for last he love clams.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Reefer Ratings: (30 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
the trick is to get a feeding station that only he knows how to get into. Someone used a worm feeder, with a hole that only the copper can stick into. it was able to eat at it's own pace, regardless of the aggressive eaters. personally I use a plastic container, like soda bottle, with a thin high slit, which only the butterflies can fit into. They were trained in a separate tank on entering the box, before placing in the DT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTx3AKUIcQI
Old 03-21-2019, 11:00 AM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrowncichlid View Post
the trick is to get a feeding station that only he knows how to get into. Someone used a worm feeder, with a hole that only the copper can stick into. it was able to eat at it's own pace, regardless of the aggressive eaters. personally I use a plastic container, like soda bottle, with a thin high slit, which only the butterflies can fit into. They were trained in a separate tank on entering the box, before placing in the DT.

yeah, I saw one made out of PVC with end caps and holes drilled along the sides. It was filled with chopped clam and only the CBB was able to eat from it because he could eat through the holes and the other fish couldn't.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Send a Private Message
You need to feed him live blacksorks, live brine, or go to your grocery store and buy fresh clams
Old 03-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
You need to feed him live blacksorks, live brine, or go to your grocery store and buy fresh clams

Mussels worked very well for mine.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:28 PM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrowncichlid View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTx3AKUIcQI

That's pretty cool....next Copperband....I will give that a try.