frvarugh

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Heyy MR!

Where exactly is the stomach on a copperband? It is eating and constantly hunting. I see a bulge on the mid/lower portion of its body. Is that the stomach? I've read plenty of people saying their copperband has sunken stomachs.

I posted a link below. Would like to know if my copperband is being fed or starving. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/GkPFLBGHwmg

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
slightly past the pectoral fins, above the ventral fins, before the **** fin. CBB are picky eaters (usually slowly starve after they finish eating all aptasia) best have small foods (almost like feeding anthias) good luck!

frvarugh

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It def eats pods, hes always picking off things from the rocks. He does eat Masstick which im giving regularly by attaching it to a rock. But not my prepared frozen. He doesn't seem to chase after my food. I just can't tell if he's full or starving by looking at his stomach.

Gonna keep doing what I do and hope for the best.

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The other day I found my copperband dead in my DT. I had kept him in a QT for about 4 months previously and started off feeding him mussels. I then started mixing in frozen and flake, which he ate eventually. After I was comfortable with him eating other foods I moved him the DT. He was in the DT for at least another 4 months but I don't think he could keep up with the other fish which eat aggressively. I presume he starved to death even though I did see him eating, (albeit very slowly). I'm not happy about it....needless to say.

frvarugh

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Dang, that's so frustrating.That happened to my first CBB. I hand fed it everyday and then one morning I found it belly up. It might have been a bacterial issue (I'm guessing). Do CBB constantly need to be grazing on food like mandarins?

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
my buddy found his copperband dead last month after over 1.5yrs in his tank. His copperband was only taking pods.

My copperband take frozen brine shrimp and mytis shrimps. Mytis shrimp are more meaty and better for them than brine shrimps. I usually spread out the food over the pump so everyone get something to eat. I also have huge population of pops in my tank for him to eat too. He always go from rock to rock looking for pods.

https://youtu.be/x7WQBzeD3Xo

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try live black worms. My CBB wouldn't have made it through QT without them. He was picking at mysis but sparingly, but as soon as I offered him the worms he went after them with gusto. I was able to get him fattened in the QT on them so the transition to the DT was smooth. Now he eats more of the other foods I feed my fish and is not timid at all.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been getting them from Pets Warehouse in Carle Place. But lately it's been hit or miss if they have them in stock. I just go through the distributor now. There are two places I've bought them from. The first is https://shop.easternaquatics.com/Live-Black-Worms-1.htm, I've been using them exclusively now because they always have them.
The other place is https://www.aquaticfoods.com/BlackwormCareM.html, this was the original place I was buying them from before Pets Warehouse started to carry them. The thing with this place is being in California they are subject to droughts which effects the black worms and sometimes are not available.

I buy enough worms to last me two months ( 1/4lb.) and keep them in the fridge in a keeper like the one pictured on the California Black worms website. As long as you change the water daily or every other day the worms will stay alive the whole two months. Black worms are nutritionally one of the best foods to feed your fish and the best for finicky eaters, they can't resist the wiggling. Even my Rainford Goby whos's an algae eater and sand sifter goes crazy for them.

brand

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Better yet sell him to me when did you get him if you had for weeks he has to be eating else he would have gone already

My tank has pods and aiptasia till he starts to eat frozen

Pm price else good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
the trick is to get a feeding station that only he knows how to get into. Someone used a worm feeder, with a hole that only the copper can stick into. it was able to eat at it's own pace, regardless of the aggressive eaters. personally I use a plastic container, like soda bottle, with a thin high slit, which only the butterflies can fit into. They were trained in a separate tank on entering the box, before placing in the DT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTx3AKUIcQI

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the trick is to get a feeding station that only he knows how to get into. Someone used a worm feeder, with a hole that only the copper can stick into. it was able to eat at it's own pace, regardless of the aggressive eaters. personally I use a plastic container, like soda bottle, with a thin high slit, which only the butterflies can fit into. They were trained in a separate tank on entering the box, before placing in the DT.

yeah, I saw one made out of PVC with end caps and holes drilled along the sides. It was filled with chopped clam and only the CBB was able to eat from it because he could eat through the holes and the other fish couldn't.

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTx3AKUIcQI

That's pretty cool....next Copperband....I will give that a try.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: