marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
A while back I brought a very small Juv Chrysurus Angel from AMA. They had it for a long time and nobody seemed to want it. I put it in my reef tank and it has grown quite big over time. The thing is that it never started to show the usually colors of the adult Chrysurus Angel, like the yellow tail, and just recently I notice it starting to show colors on it's body that you would see on a Koran Angel.

https://youtu.be/4-6IDu1MUGM

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A while back I brought a very small Juv Chrysurus Angel from AMA. They had it for a long time and nobody seemed to want it. I put it in my reef tank and it has grown quite big over time. The thing is that it never started to show the usually colors of the adult Chrysurus Angel, like the yellow tail, and just recently I notice it starting to show colors on it's body that you would see on a Koran Angel.

https://youtu.be/4-6IDu1MUGM

If I had to guess that looks like a Koran to me. Big price diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
All the chryssurus angels I?ve seen as well as my own have had a clean black background and juvis and a lightening of the face area as they age. If it is a hybrid it?s like the way the blues and queens hybrid like f3+

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I had a very large adult Chrysurus for a long time, grew it out from a small Juv, and this one was very similar to it when I got it, but very small. It had more black on the body but now it seems to be changing, though it's still dark. It still had the thick white bars and they aren't fading away, and the one towards the back are straight. The front of the head is now developing the spots that you would see on both fish. From the picture in the link, and what others are online, it seems that they look more like Koran but still has the stripe of the Chrysurus.

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah I mean it?s not like an annularis mixing with an emperor :). I think my queen is mixed with something cause it?s really orange but there would be no clarions around where they inhabit.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: