Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Just wondering what?s your experience with POTO action? Recently I sign in and bid on some corals unfortunately I was out bid with some but one I liked and I was higher bider but at the end you wasn?t a winner but they give me an option to buy it now for same price was listed at the action including some of them I was bidding on. So weird!! Any one had any luck with that??

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
With every auction, there are people that bid on items but do not follow through on the auction purchases, you have 24 hours to pay for the items. After 48 hours, he puts it back up as "2nd Chances" at the winning bid, sometimes a few dollars higher.

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
With every auction, there are people that bid on items but do not follow through on the auction purchases, you have 24 hours to pay for the items. After 48 hours, he puts it back up as "2nd Chances" at the winning bid, sometimes a few dollars higher.

All of this was last night. What happened here is I place bid $35 and ending winning price was $27 and I wasn?t the winner. Lol. But after 5nim i received email with offer to purchase for what was buy it now during the action.
Any way I don?t think I will be going there again.

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
It's very possibly he has multiples of the same items, and he was fine selling the same coral for what you bid. I see this on ebay sometimes.

No. He tried to sale me for $50. That was buy it now price not final bid. My bid was $35 and winning bid was $27 and I just don?t understand why I am not a winner. Lol

Last edited:

zhangg3

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I bought from POTO auction a few weeks ago after I decided to get back into the hobby and everything went well. I won a couple of corals in last night's auction also. Things did get hectic towards the end and I might have bid more than I was originally prepared to spend :smash:. But guess that's what auctions are designed for. I have not been contacted directly about purchasing items I lost in auction.

POTO

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
No. He tried to sale me for $50. That was buy it now price not final bid. My bid was $35 and winning bid was $27 and I just don?t understand why I am not a winner. Lol

Hey Ziggy, sorry that your first experience with our auction did not go well. I've already responded to your email. But just to clear the air. Ziggy placed a normal bid of $25 and there was a proxy bid of $27 on the item. Per rules of the auction the new bid of the item was automatically raised by $1 to $26 with the proxy bidder being the highest. The auction went on to end with the winning bid of $26 for that item.

I also did not offer to sell the item for $50 to Ziggy. He's referring to what he saw on our site. The item would still show the Buy It Now price of $50, but after the auction has ended, it would not be available for anyone to purchase anymore - no Buy Now button and no more bidding allowed. If that was the case I have asked for screenshots and would have the developer look into it. But I doubt it.

Things do get hectic down the stretch and Ziggy likely typed in $25 with the intent to bid $35. I have offered Ziggy another frag of the same coral at the winning bid of $26.

Kenny

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Hey Ziggy, sorry that your first experience with our auction did not go well. I've already responded to your email. But just to clear the air. Ziggy placed a normal bid of $25 and there was a proxy bid of $27 on the item. Per rules of the auction the new bid of the item was automatically raised by $1 to $26 with the proxy bidder being the highest. The auction went on to end with the winning bid of $26 for that item.

I also did not offer to sell the item for $50 to Ziggy. He's referring to what he saw on our site. The item would still show the Buy It Now price of $50, but after the auction has ended, it would not be available for anyone to purchase anymore - no Buy Now button and no more bidding allowed. If that was the case I have asked for screenshots and would have the developer look into it. But I doubt it.

Things do get hectic down the stretch and Ziggy likely typed in $25 with the intent to bid $35. I have offered Ziggy another frag of the same coral at the winning bid of $26.

Kenny
I got your response. Thanks but the whole thing was just odd. I was bidding on two items. I know for sure I didn?t win one but second one was odd and just found every weird that automatically come up available to purchase for $50 what was the buy it now price and not only one but both corals one after another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: