Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello there was hoping someone could give some advice.

I have a 5 gallon evo spec and just started adding some zoas, gsp, and xenia. Im only putting softies in the tank, mostly zoas.

I dont think the flow from the stock return pump is giving enough flow and the stock light is good enough for softies. I could be wrong though

The light is 11,000k is that good enough for the atuff i want to keep ? Should i upgrade ? I heard some light might be too string for zoas.

Also i stuck an 80gph powerhead in there and pit it on its lowest setting. The zoas are cool but the xenia looks like its getting blown around.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you :)

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I had the same tank but upgraded the stock pump and also went with an upgraded led light. I don?t think the company is around anymore though.

For the pump I believe it was a hydro pico 180 but needed to remove the back plate so it would fit in the tank. I also used a Koralia rotating return to help with flow throughout the tank.

I kept softies and even sps for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you

I wound up going with the fluval nano 25000k light. Its blue tooth i love it and its strong enouugh for some other softies that i like . I upgraded the flow with a little 80gph powerhead for surface movement.

I got some nice zoas in there, some gsp, xenia, and a neon toadstool in there at the moment.

Thanks for the advice

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: