Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I?m going to put Damsels in my 240.G reef tank. Im looking at 18-24 of them in total. 8 or 9 Azure Damselfish, 8 or 9 Blue Sapphire Damselfish and 8 Talbot's Damselfish.
My current fish are a Coral Beauty & Regal Angel, a Blond Nasa & Dejardini Tang. Two Pajama Cardinals. A Diamond Goby and a Gold spot Rabbit fish..(Siganus punctatus) Gold Spotted Rabbitfish
I thought about Athias but i think over time they harass each other to death and at 30, 40 dollars a pop I decided to pass.

Im Also considering two Engineer gobys and a wrasse or two.
what do y?all think ? before i pull the trigger.
thanks

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
77a7bf7c7688b624a0aa76cc2b3eab5e.jpg
this is what you want in a 240.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm going in the same direction of using damsels in addition to the tangs. any damsels which stay under 2 inches in size, and can feed off the rock work. Chrysiptera types. That excludes a bunch of chromis and other phelagic species, which feed off the water column. there aren't too many species for me to use. As for getting 8 of each species, I don't think you need that many, since they aren't going to school. Since you're feeding your tank, you can spread out to just 2 or 3 of each species, and using about 6 or 8 species for diversity.

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
go with a school of blue green chromis.
I had 18-20 ish in my 300 DD tank and they were pretty cool to see schooling around from time to time.

They are also less aggressive than the damsels.

Jim C.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: