Overtimepro

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have my tank for over 2 years now and It was doing great but now I can get my calcium to up pass 300 my Mag is 1440 and my Alk is 10.4 and some of my corals are dying I use BRS 2 part dose I raise up my dosing and got my main pump stuck with the calcium build up brought it back down to 3ml every hour what should I do ?
Thanks

Last edited:

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have my tank for over 2 years now and It was doing great but now I can get my calcium to up pass 300 my Mag is 1440 and my Alk is 10.4 and some of my corals are dying I use BRS 2 part dose I raise up my dosing and got my main pump stuck with the calcium build up brought it back down to 3ml every hour what should I do ?
Thanks

Manually dose CA to where you want it. Use the BRS calculator, and advise on how long to dose until desired number.
Keep testing KH, and then restart your dosing based off of the alkalinity in equal parts.

Are you intentionally keeping Alkalinity at 10.4?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Alk is high and calcium is low.if you do a large water change it might do more harm than good.as Chefjpaul said the safest way is to let it come down naturally,slowly raise your calcium to where you desire it to be then start dosing again.my honest opinion I'm not a big fan of dosing pumps due to them getting clogged or stuck on or off,over dosing..etc..etc.. I went with a calcium reactor and never looked back! Incredible growth and stability

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: