Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2003, 12:52 PM
nunzilla
Send a Private Message
New to NYC and to this board, getting back into the hobby with a Nano.

Where is the best place to get live rock in NYC. I have access to a car sometimes, so even brooklyn/queens is an option. Also opinions on types and prices you have seen would be great!
Old 10-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
For the prices that lfs are asking for, the best bet would be to purchase lr from www stores. Check out the sites like tampa saltwater or gulfview. do search.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I saw this ad on ReefCentral.com. I've never ordered from this place nor can I vouch for the quality of the LR, but at $3 a lb and free shipping it sounds too good to pass up:

http://www.intmarinefish.com/

In another thread, there's a group buy on Sunday over at Joe's place. You might want to give him a call and see if he has any LR for sale. Maybe he'll give you a discount on Sunday!
Old 10-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
I set up a nano recently and got my live rock and sand at aquatic creations in williamsburg on north 10th. it's the easiest place for me to get to since i have no car. it was good stuff and the guy there is real nice. where in the east village are you? i'm just off houston st.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:33 PM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
FishTown USA in Queens sells live rock for $3.99lb. It ok nice base rock has some live things growing out of it. It usally fully cured, no smell, and can be placed right in you tank without worry of a spike.

Michael

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Old 10-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Lazyreefer's selling LR in the For Sale/For Trade forum.

[ October 09, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: mgchan ]