herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The water will flow beautifully provided that the tank is perfectly level. These tanks are generally used for viewing from above. Typical application would be sps and clams. The higher levels of calcium etc makes cleaning a real pain in the a$$. These tanks look great in the beginning but if you get lazy you will have green sides encrusted in coraline not to mention calcium deposits and saltcreep. Not to much fun imo

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
its a really neat idea but I can see issues with salt creep and algae on the glass. Looks like a sharp tank though. Maybe ment more for display in a LFS. It would take up a lot of space in a standard NYC apartment.

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw one at MACNA at the ORA booth and it was very cool to like at but even the guys there told me that they didn't think it practical for a home setup. They do look like they would be very difficult to keep clean but who knows. Why don't you buy one and let us know? :D

Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This type of tank belongs in a store unless you have the room. Everyone always wants to touch the overflowing water (esp. kids). I saw this happen in a store in CT and the employee freaked:supermad:, LOL.:rolleyes: It was kinda funny.

"mommy I wanna touch the clams! :Up_to_som :eek: :smash:

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This type of tank belongs in a store unless you have the room. Everyone always wants to touch the overflowing water (esp. kids). I saw this happen in a store in CT and the employee freaked:supermad:, LOL.:rolleyes: It was kinda funny.

Kinda makes me want to throw pennies into it - lol

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

Its kind of hard to not touch!! A spin on Adam and Eve. :biggrin:

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
seen these at tradeshows and not many other places. The outside glass should remain "fairly" clean due to the constant flow over it although it does get messed up. The overflow goes around the entire base of the aquarium and since this method increases the surface area you need to combat heavy evaporation. other than all the problems already mentioned they are awesome looking display tanks.

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ZeroEdge is going to have display tank and a rep. at NERAC III next week, I think they are sharing a booth with House of Fish..

chuck

madhouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i was at Aquarium Adventure today in Carle Place...
and they had the small zeroedge aquarium w/ pfo led light setup on display.. man i have to say it did look HOT as hell... u could see really clear through the side glasses even with all the water flowing over it...
the lights looked weird.. huge circles wit leds were on the fixture...
heres the bad pic i was able to take.. my cell only has a .3mp camera on it so....

Image06.jpg

zeroedge

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Hi,

Just joined the forum and found this thread so I figured I'd post my hello here. If you have any questions regarding the ZeroEdge, I'm here to answer them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: