What is the biggest problem with this site?

• Too slow! I feel like I'm on a 56k line!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the layout of the site.

• There are not enough registered members.

• The photo gallery system sucks!

• Nothing! (sing) I love you just the way you are!

• Total voters

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think is the biggest problem with our website? What do you feel is lacking?

If you have something that is not on the list please respond here or send a private message.

Thanks!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Generally speaking, I really like the site. The best is that there are so many nice people and like minded, do good and have good. As for the functions, there can be some enhancements:

Since there was only one response option on the poll, perhaps that is a start :) - here we go:

* Photo Gallery needs a better way to submit, view, delete and organize photos.

* There should be an unsubscribe feature to bulliten board.

* Additional Categories might be an added feature.

* I think that edit reatures like bold to text etc in the bulliten boards would be a nice feature as well.

* An auction system would be nice

Otherwise, love this site and the people I have met have been awesome.

House

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
rather than make unsubscribing available. make subscribing an option. I hate when I forget to unclick the box (wait, do it now so I don't forget).

other than that, I am fine with the site. it can be slow at times, but so can I so who am I to complain.

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I love this site. MR targets the NYC region and the members are fantastic. As a result, it's easier to setup group buys, swaps (not spousal! ;) ), get togethers and sharing LFS experiences.

[ October 16, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

S

stealyourhouse

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah - definitely have the email notification disabled as a default!

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK House, great suggestions, and actually almost all of them are in the works:

* Photo Gallery needs a better way to submit, view, delete and organize photos.

New version will support this! Should be about a month.

* There should be an unsubscribe feature to bulliten board.

UBB 6.7 will support this and we will upgrade as soon as they release it from Beta. Right now the emailed responses are a hack that we had to pay someone to create.

* Additional Categories might be an added feature.

Categories? You mean additional forums?

* I think that edit reatures like bold to text etc in the bulliten boards would be a nice feature as well.

I think this is supported in UBB 6.6 which we have not installed. 6.7 will be the next version we will go to.

* An auction system would be nice

In process! We are deploying the code soon!

Thanks for the comments!

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I think your doing a great job. The only thing I would like to see is more control in the picture gallery and as you say it's in the works!

Im confused about the BOLD feature request? Don't we already have that?

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think this site is great!!
I love looking at the photo galleries. It would be neat to have under each person's gallery, when the gallery was last updated.

Rebels23

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
defiantly a better photo gallery system, i still cant get to pick a main picture for mine.

Posting pictures in teh threads would be #1 on my list i think

I think the email notification is a great feature otherwise i forget abotu posts for weeks at a time.

More Forums would be a good idea, as the site grows it is going to be hard to keep eveythign wher eit should be and if we start now itll make everythign a lot easier.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I really love the site. I just don't like the personal rating system. The fact that someone could rate you without an explaination is not fair. For example, I was rated a "1" without knowing who it was or why. If I was in the wrong then fine but if not it would be nice to be able to defend myself. Im sure there could be a better way to set this up.
Thanks,
Vic

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I tend to agree with Vic.

I think the problem is that very few people participate in the rating system. It's only when someone gets upset that they act out, and it can really screw your rating.

Maybe a forum for User's experiences and feedback may be more appropiate.

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was thinking the same thing about the rating. I've been on boards where you can read what people's reasons are for their vote. That would be nice here too. I sometimes wonder why some of the guys that I have personally met and had great experiences with have less than 5 stars. If someone wanted to, they could make any name and vote random people with a 1 and screw their reputation. That would stink :( . I think every vote should require a brief explanation which would be viewable by all. Other than that and the changes that are already in the works, ManhattanReefs is a great community. Nice to be able to post here and know you are being heard by locals instead of having to write (NYC) in the subject. Good job ManhattanReefs!
thumb.gif

-Nick

[ November 22, 2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Stix ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
TRANA, when will we be able to delete photo's from the gallery. My gallery a real mess and I would **** to delete everything.

Also, I would like to make a suggestion that we should be able to choose which photo is on display in the gallery forum.

Thanks,
Rich

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
TRANA, when will we be able to delete photo's from the gallery? My gallery is a real mess and I would like to delete everything.

Also, I would like to make a suggestion that we should be able to choose which photo is on display in the gallery forum.

Thanks,
Rich

[ December 01, 2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the ratings go, it does seem to be fairly limited at this time, however, if you are unhappy with your rating you can elect to hide it from public view in your profile configuration.

Please let me know if you have any problem doing this.

Thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: