Y

yulia

Hi,

We are moving and must break down our reef tank soonest.

Unfortunately the buyer for the last one of our fish, a sailfin tang, did not show up. Was he daunted by the size of this fish? I had to buy a special large net, but i don't know how to get this fish into a water bag. The largest bag I can find is too small. We're definitely not set up to ship anything alive...

So there you have it. The whole family loves this fish, who follows you around when you walk near the tank. Can anyone volunteer to be a good home, or recommend a public aquarium that will take her? We tried the New York Aquarium, but the lady that answered the phone didn't know what a sailfin tang was...

Reef safe? Never bothered any corals and lived happily with other species of fish (but never with another tang). I can eMail pictures on request... my favourite is the pic in which you can see her gliding over a cynarinia, sails open.

Best regards,
Yulia

C

Crakeur2

you can put the sailfin in our 180. Lots of room, several tangs living in peace and harmony and a great caretaker who brings a fine meal of seaweed in every week.

you can even visit the tang whenever you like, provided you come between office hours of about 7:30 and 7:00 pm (except during tax season when you can come almost any time day or night).

Y

yulia

Dear Crakeur2,

Thanks for writing and for your kind offer --- Kasei has already adopted our favourite pet.

Now just have to find a home for the serpent star and ALL THIS SAND...

(South Down was hard enough to get, had no idea it would be equally difficult to get rid of !!!)

Cheers
Yulia

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
are you still looking for a home for the serpent star and sand? is the sand live?
i would take you up on those if still available.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: