kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I got a few questions via pm about Dave's tank that I wanted to answer. Since this is for a sump the edges of the tank aren't polished. I do hand polishing which takes the longest but has the best result and is usually done only on display tanks. While its not polished all the exposed edges are rounded-over or chamfered so you don't cut your hand on them.

All of the seams except the 4 smaller baffles are bubble free. Usually the baffles are the same size as the sides and added before the back is put on so those seams are also bubble free. But in this case the baffle area is split with the fuge area so Dave and I talked about it before making it and felt that the strength of the sump was most important, so the 4 smaller baffles were added after the sump was done. On display tanks this really isn't an issue at all because you don't have or add baffles usually.

Also some really good stuff happened so I can now do this tank for $335 in 3/8 cyro cast acrylic or $280 in 1/4 cyro cast acrylic. I wouldn't suggest doing it in 1/4 but I know some would. If you got this same size without all the partitions and two 10" tall baffles it would about $305 for 3/8 and $260 for 1/4.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: