Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First... here's the pic....

Image1.jpg

And here's the specs...

200G tank 84" long
3 x 72" URI VHO Actinics
4 x 250W 65K Iwasaki's

Only two of the 4 MH bulbs were on so it looks pretty purple on the left side of the image. Also, as you can tell, the right end Iwasaki isn't being supplemented enough. The VHO's are centered in the middle, and offsetting them wouldn't be of much help because two of them would simply be lighting the overflow rather than offsetting the MH bulbs. (1 in front, 2 in back)

This is a new tank, so no problems... but I'd like to even out the colors. I'm thinking of tossing the two end Iwasaki's in the closet and keeping them as replacement bulbs. But now I need suggestions on what to replace them with.

I want an even balance of color. Any suggestions?

King Jason

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved Hamilton 10k's. I had 175's on my last reef tank with no supplements and they looked pretty darn good. With supplements they would be perfect. I'm in the middle of doing my lighting on my 190 and I'm going with 2 250w 10k Hamilton German bulbs, and 1 400w 10k Hamilton German bulb, supplemented with 2 72" VHO actinic.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: