Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Guys,

This has been alot of hard work, but alot of fun at the same time. Never thought I would make it this far, but it has been almost a year now, and all the hard work has paid off!!!

Left Side
newpic_left.jpg

Right Side
newpic_right.jpg

Whole Tank
newpic5.jpg

Rebels23

jdepp

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey rebels. the tank looks great! alot of nice frags. when they grow in its gonna look sick, have they grown much since you put them in? what do you use for calcium? and what size tank is it?
those sps are gonna be able to get huge. NICE WORK

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looking GREAT Ray. I can see all the hard work you put into your reef. Is this a 55gal? It looks like a 6ft long tank in the last pic. What camera are you using? That pink monti frag looks like it got some growth already

[ December 07, 2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks Guys, your kind words makes this even more fulfilling!
approve.gif

jdepp : When the frags grow in, the tank should really fill out. Just gotta be patient.
sleeper.gif
Things were really slow in the beginning, but once the tank stabilized and I startes dosing kalk, things really started to grow. I use kalk and occasionally Kent's Turbo Calcium, and Arm and Hammer Baking Soda.

Vic : Thanks, coming from you and your great setup, that is a true compliment!

Rich : Yup, this is a 55 gallon tnak with a 30 gallon sump underneath. So it is only 4 feet long (I know, for some reason that pic makes it look like a 6 footer!
thumb.gif
) I was using a Cannon digital camera with 3.2 mega pixels. Pink monti has grown just a little bit.

Rebels23

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Your tank looks absolutely great!!! Hmmmm... I see room for another 50 frags! J/K

You make it look so easy to keeping a reef aquarium... as my sister-in-law's husband always says whenever he comes over... How's the low maintenance & inexpensive hobby coming along? LOL

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks mgchan!! Believe me, it wasn't easy at all. This hobby is sucking my wallet dry. I told myself I would never get a calcium reactor, but now I am actually considering it...... go figure.

Rebels23

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ray, is the kalk alone keeping up you cal and alk? I hear ya about the calcium reactor. You got lots of frags in there that will soon be colonies and suck up even more cal. It gets to the point where you invested so much time and cash that getting a reactor actually "saves" you money and headache in the long run. I'm adding 180ml of bionic daily and dripping kalk for all my top off (wasting tons of $$). That's what you get when you add a tank full of SPS without a reactor....I always do things ass backwards..LOL
DON'T be like me Ray

PS I'll have my reactor set up in a couple of weeks.

[ December 08, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Rich,

If I drip it fast enough, it does pretty well. But I am getting to the point where my evaporation is not keeping up. I could blow a fan on my sump for more evaporation, but then that means I'll have to re-fill my newly bought 5 gallon Kent Aquadose more often (which defeats the purpose of why I bought a bigger doser!!) Gosh, it never ends, that CA Reactor is already screaming at me to buy it!!!
banghead.gif

Let us know how your CA Reactor setup goes. Which one did you get, and how much did you spend?

Rebels23

S

stealyourhouse

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ray,

Tank is looking good.

Do you know about mixing vinegar in with your kalk to increase the amount of kalk you can dissolve in water? There are a few good articles out there on the subject.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: