Subliminal

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_2695.jpg

Crox99, you didn't tell me that guy was a killer! ;)

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That sucks. Is the tang the one in your avatar? I havent heard much about BTA trapping fish. It could have croaked and landed on the BTA due to water flow.

Subliminal

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, the tang had some issues recently, so there's a good chance he floated into the mouth.

I'll tell you what, I was like an amazed little kid when I saw that!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Yeah, the tang had some issues recently, so there's a good chance he floated into the mouth.

I'll tell you what, I was like an amazed little kid when I saw that!

or took a purposeful nose dive - science still hasn't figured out why whales beach or dolphins do the same. Could be "one of those science mysteries".

Either way, sorry to hear about it, great looking tang -

House

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Anemones eat fish. Sorry for your loss of the tang but congrats on a healthy anemone.

That's common knowledge. What I havent heard of is a BTA eating fish, as in catching a fish on its own. I feed my RBTA silversides because it cant "catch" them on its own.

On the other hand, I have heard of pink tip and long tentacle anemones trapping fish and killing them.

Subliminal

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the poor fish was on it's last leg at the time. It was probably the coolest way I could find a dead fish in my tank. I mean, if it's going to happen anyway...

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Sorry for your loss,

What an incredible picture!

I can just hear the theme song from National Geographic (though i doubt it was quite as exciting as a tiger chasing an impala...)

still, sucks to lose a fish. sorry.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: