Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Nice zoos Mike, especially #4, real nice mix!

I would love to trade with you, i'm always in Tappan on the weekends. My wife's cousins live there and we're always going to Palisades mall.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Yes, #4 is a very colorful mix. One of my favorite ones.

I'm northwest of Tappan, near Exit 12 on PIP.

You can easily spend all day at the Palisades Mall! When it's warmer, another place to go is Woodbury Commons (exit 16 on NYS Thruway).

[ January 28, 2004, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: mgchan ]
Old 01-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
Hey guys, Island Reef and Fin is a dealer for Joe's Juice and we have it in stock. Just a heads up.
-Nicky
Old 01-29-2004, 11:37 AM
NYAQUARIA
Send a Private Message
I have experimented with joe's juice and I can say it works not only on apps. but on majombo's as well I ordered a case and will be stocking it as soon as I get it.

Sal.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Thanks to MGCHAN i got rid of the two aiptasia's and one majano that was on my rocks. I ordered online, $7.25 and shipping was free for first time buyer like MGCHAN said.

Turned off all power to the tank, waited for water to calm, then took the syringe that came with the juice and basically dripped the juice onto the aips and maja, they immediately took the juice and closed up and disolved. I waited 5 minutes to make sure there was no more sign of live then i took a siphon and siphoned out the rock where they were. Add new water turned the power back on and no more aips and maja for now.

Great product, my 2 cents.....
Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Happy to hear it worked for you!

You're fortunate enough to have nipped it in the bud early on and with so few Aips.

Mine came on a coral from a LFS, which I didn't see until 2 - 3 weeks later. Two showed up on the back of the rock of the coral, which was up against the back glass. At the time I thought I'd read somewhere that if you left them alone, they wouldn't multiply quickly. Boy was I wrong... weeks later little Aips starting showing up all over the back of the tank on the LR!!!

Here's an update... twice a week I inspect everything, including lifting and examining every coral. I find between 1 - 3 teeny tiny Aips, mostly between or on the polyps of the Zoos. That I can live with because it's only a matter of time before I find nothing!

So, my advice to anyone using JJ... even if it looks like the Aips have been eradicated... continue checking, especially for tiny ones. There are still 'seeds' (for lack of a better word ) all over your tank!