Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Joe's Juice really works!

I've tried using peppermint shrimp... they munched on my yellow polyps and competed with the fish during feeding times.

I've tried using boiling RO water... it worked providing you squirted it down the mouths of the Aips.

Didn't want to go the route of a copperband or nudibranch so out of desperation I'd purchased JJ online (shipping was free for the 1st purchase!).

It vaporized every Aiptasia! Even in the back of the tank where I thought I'd have to remove the LR to get at them. I'd 'drizzled' it on them and... poof!!!

FYI, instead of using the syringe that was supplied, I used an irrigation syringe which has a tapered nozzle and was great for getting into every little hole that the Aips retracted into.

Just to be on the safe side after using JJ, I did a water change afterwards.

What a relief, the nightmare is now gone and since Saturday (1/10/04) I am now Aip free!

[I'd posted the above as a response to a post on RC. I wanted to share my experience with you all!]
Old 01-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Stix
Send a Private Message
That's great news dude. Good job. Where can I get some? I've been using kalk paste in a syringe but it's scary to use near corals.
Thanks in advance,
-Nick
Old 01-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Send a Private Message
You can purchase it here http://www.joesjuice.com

I've used it on tiny Aips that were 'hiding out' in the polyps of my Zoos... and the Zoos are fine! Of course I tried to pinpoint JJ on the Aips and not on the mouth of the polyps.

- Mike

[ January 13, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: mgchan ]
Old 01-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
stop aiptasia works well too.

just my 2 cents.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
mgchan: any problems since using joe's juice? Do you run carbon?

Thanks, i would like to get some, just saw two aips i need to get rid of!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:10 AM
kweckstrom
Send a Private Message
I have a few Aiptasias I need to get rid of, and I know islandreefandfin.com carries it. They had it in stock when I visited them on Saturday.

I'll be picking up a bottle of it on Fri nite after work, along with some salifert test kits they had in stock.

If memory serves, they had a good price on the 200gal bucket of IO as well.... Can't remember the price (IRAF guys? Help me out here?)

-k
Old 01-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
IO SALT 200Gal Pick UP $50.00
Old 01-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Send a Private Message
huerfan > It's the little ones that keep popping up every now and then! You usually find them in between or on the polyps of the Zoos. After JJ, the polyps usually close for a day or two. The good news is that less & less is showing up, to the point where I haven't seen one in three days.

So... for almost three weeks, I've been an obsessed, crazed maniac... every opportunity I spend time poring over every inch of LR... every crack & crevice... examining every coral... using a flashlight when the tank lights go out because that's when most corals close up & the Aips stand out... looking for those suckers to zap with JJ!!!

[ January 28, 2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: mgchan ]
Old 01-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
mgchan: LOL, your definitely a man on a mission to defeat those evil aips!

I will definitely stop by IRAF to pick up a bottle of J-Juice.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Send a Private Message
heuerfan > You're welcome! BTW, I saw those great Zoo pics you'd posted on RC. Here are my Zoos, http://members.aol.com/mgchan/myzoos.html , if you're interested, lets swap some Zoos when it gets warmer.

[ January 28, 2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: mgchan ]