mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Joe's Juice really works!

I've tried using peppermint shrimp... they munched on my yellow polyps and competed with the fish during feeding times.

I've tried using boiling RO water... it worked providing you squirted it down the mouths of the Aips.

Didn't want to go the route of a copperband or nudibranch so out of desperation I'd purchased JJ online (shipping was free for the 1st purchase!).

It vaporized every Aiptasia! Even in the back of the tank where I thought I'd have to remove the LR to get at them. I'd 'drizzled' it on them and... poof!!!

FYI, instead of using the syringe that was supplied, I used an irrigation syringe which has a tapered nozzle and was great for getting into every little hole that the Aips retracted into.

Just to be on the safe side after using JJ, I did a water change afterwards.

What a relief, the nightmare is now gone and since Saturday (1/10/04) I am now Aip free!

[I'd posted the above as a response to a post on RC. I wanted to share my experience with you all!]

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's great news dude. Good job. Where can I get some? I've been using kalk paste in a syringe but it's scary to use near corals.
Thanks in advance,
-Nick

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
You can purchase it here http://www.joesjuice.com

I've used it on tiny Aips that were 'hiding out' in the polyps of my Zoos... and the Zoos are fine! Of course I tried to pinpoint JJ on the Aips and not on the mouth of the polyps.

- Mike

[ January 13, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

K

kweckstrom

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I have a few Aiptasias I need to get rid of, and I know islandreefandfin.com carries it. They had it in stock when I visited them on Saturday.

I'll be picking up a bottle of it on Fri nite after work, along with some salifert test kits they had in stock.

If memory serves, they had a good price on the 200gal bucket of IO as well.... Can't remember the price (IRAF guys? Help me out here?)

-k

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
huerfan > It's the little ones that keep popping up every now and then! You usually find them in between or on the polyps of the Zoos. After JJ, the polyps usually close for a day or two. The good news is that less & less is showing up, to the point where I haven't seen one in three days.

So... for almost three weeks, I've been an obsessed, crazed maniac... every opportunity I spend time poring over every inch of LR... every crack & crevice... examining every coral... using a flashlight when the tank lights go out because that's when most corals close up & the Aips stand out... looking for those suckers to zap with JJ!!! :D

[ January 28, 2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yes, #4 is a very colorful mix. One of my favorite ones.

I'm northwest of Tappan, near Exit 12 on PIP.

You can easily spend all day at the Palisades Mall! When it's warmer, another place to go is Woodbury Commons (exit 16 on NYS Thruway).

[ January 28, 2004, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

N

NYAQUARIA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have experimented with joe's juice and I can say it works not only on apps. but on majombo's as well :D I ordered a case and will be stocking it as soon as I get it.

Sal.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Thanks to MGCHAN i got rid of the two aiptasia's and one majano that was on my rocks. I ordered online, $7.25 and shipping was free for first time buyer like MGCHAN said.

Turned off all power to the tank, waited for water to calm, then took the syringe that came with the juice and basically dripped the juice onto the aips and maja, they immediately took the juice and closed up and disolved. I waited 5 minutes to make sure there was no more sign of live then i took a siphon and siphoned out the rock where they were. Add new water turned the power back on and no more aips and maja for now.

Great product, my 2 cents.....

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Happy to hear it worked for you!

You're fortunate enough to have nipped it in the bud early on and with so few Aips.

Mine came on a coral from a LFS, which I didn't see until 2 - 3 weeks later. Two showed up on the back of the rock of the coral, which was up against the back glass. At the time I thought I'd read somewhere that if you left them alone, they wouldn't multiply quickly. Boy was I wrong... weeks later little Aips starting showing up all over the back of the tank on the LR!!!

Here's an update... twice a week I inspect everything, including lifting and examining every coral. I find between 1 - 3 teeny tiny Aips, mostly between or on the polyps of the Zoos. That I can live with because it's only a matter of time before I find nothing!

So, my advice to anyone using JJ... even if it looks like the Aips have been eradicated... continue checking, especially for tiny ones. There are still 'seeds' (for lack of a better word :D ) all over your tank!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: