jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I just changed one side of my lighting from a 250w SE 10k XM bulb to a PFO mini pendant with a DE ushio bulb. The SE XM on a pfo HQI ballast (the ballast i'm using) supposedly is the best SE halide setup that you can get. Well, the PFO mini pendant with a DE Ushio bulb, which is not even considered the best DE setup, is MUCH BRIGHTER than the XM.

Just in case any of you guys are considering a lighting upgrade, this might help you make your desicision.

On the left is a 250w 10k xm with a spider reflector, on the right is the mini pendant and DE Ushio. Excuse the poor quality pics, my camera sucks
(photos taken without actinics)

SEDE001.jpg

[ January 15, 2004, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have no idea if the DE bulb is being driven harder. Both bulbs are driven off of a pfo dual hqi ballast. Ray, since the DE bulbs have a longer life span than SE my guess would be it is driven how it supposed to be. I will soon be replacing my other spider reflector with another pendant. These things are tiny and leave lots of room in my canopy to add VHO, T5's etc....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: