[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can see why people freak on having these, i just saw my first at a friends house, very pretty.

anyone know a place that stocks / breeds these? Im thinkin about getting one

P

Pedro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find a place, please let us know. I am also thinking of getting one.

You do realize what their care requirements are, right?..Just make sure it's right for your tank.

Thanks.

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as i know the care requirements for a rose are not much diffrent from a regular BTA... am I wrong?

light is abundant, got a pink bta, and plenty of clams and sps (all happy) so I am assuming the rose would be fine.. any words of caution anyone?

-------------------------------------
ah... yep.. ebay seems to be the spot

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2374016129&category=3212

[ January 19, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: [JWS]wasabi ]

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Count me in if you all do a group buy!

Apparently that guy on Ebay is very reputable!

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like its worth a shot.. I wouldnt mind waiting a few weeks until I move my tank and everything gets back to normal sometime mid-feb.

Ill shoot this guy Alvin an email and see if we can get the same basic deal as the NJ Reef Club.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Yeah, see what he tells you. If we get a group buy, i'm in. Even if not enough people get in, we might be able to save on shipping. At least that will save some money.

I didn't want to sound like i was implying that you didn't know about the rose, i just didn't have a background of your tank. So if you were a newb, i would have steered you away, no big deal. By the looks of it, you can get one, two, or whatever your heart desires...

Thanks.

[ January 20, 2004, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Pedro ]

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Tha dude...

-----------------------------------------------
thanks for the kind words and compliments.

right now, i'm actually low on supply as i have been shipping a lot to
stores all over the U.S. but here is the breakdown:

These are for approx. 4-5" sizes:

5 anemones ordered=$70 each (approx)
10 anemones ordered=$63 each (approx)
15 anemones ordered=$60 each (approx)

Shipping is approx.:

5-6 anemones =$50
10-15 anemones=$80

these are the same prices that i offered to New Jersey Reef Club not
too long ago.

thanks for your interest.
------------------------------------------------

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Sounds like a decent price, but i was hoping to get the smaller ones, 2-3 inches.

5 anemones with shipping comes out to $80.00 each, not too bad for a 4-5 inch RBTA.

If you guys decide to order i'm in.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Wasabi,

You can count me in for one if you decide to order. We just need a few more. Let me know what you decide.

Thanks.

E

erik2003

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
when are you ordering, I would like to get in, but I may have to bow out due to money. Please let me know when you need the money.

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
did anyone know that exoticfish.com have them for $35. Im assuming they are wild but it sure would save a bunch of cash. Maybe we could even get one of those 9 for 99 packages and split soem frags up between everyone

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Agreed. I rather pay more for captive raised. Not only is it accustomed to tank conditions, but i rather leave wild anemones in the wild. My 2 cents.

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, seems like Alvin has happy customers and keeps his stock healty.. I want to order, but I have to wait until I move next weekend, then make sure the tank is ok before I start adding new stuff.. so Im thinkin end of feb would be the soonest I would want to risk it if all goes well.

P

Pedro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in no rush, if and when we are ready then we'll do it. I think we should have a list so you can speak to him and let him know how many you're looking at so that he can be ready. Keep us posted.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: