N

NYC OZ

Hi folks !! New to the board, and after a year of sitting back and being a spectator, I am finally ready to start setting up the reef tank. Hopefully in a month or so I can jump in on some Group buys...
Can anybody help me out as far as additives go? I will not be running a reactor and was looking to get some feed back as to what additives brand wise are being used in your reefs.. (Calcium,strontium,magnesuium etc...)

Thanks in advance,
OZ

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Oz,

Good to have you here at MR.com - and good to see you back in the hobby.

You will find that "one man's music, is another man's noise" meaning that everyone has their special little trick/use of materials, additives, etc.

I agree with Josh, depending on what size your tank will depend on alot of things - B-Ionic, however, seems to be the additives of choice for Calcium and Alkalininty supplementation - I use them and currently am runnuing a 92 bowfront tank that is choc-ful-of hard, soft, clams and fish. Check them out in the gallery.

And another thing - just keep reading - I am in the hobby a little over two years and I still read just about every post :)

Anyhow, best of luck, ask questions, early and often and welcome to MR.com

House

P

Pedro

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I will also point you out to Reefcentral.com. There is a vast wealth of information there. I hope you have alot of patience, you will need it.

Please research thoroughly before you start. Think about lighting, flow, and things like that. If you buy the right stuff from the beginning, it will save you a ton in the end.

Keep asking questions, we're here to help. What are you thinking of keeping?...Give us a quick idea.

hth

N

NYC OZ

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks for all the replies. Sorry it took so long to respond.
Set up will be as follows:
55 Gal Drilled AGA
6x55watt pcs
about 110lbs Live Rock
1" sand bed
Approx 20 gallon home made sump
Tank is running with just LR as we speak
Now Running ESV

Any suggestions on coral will be appreciated.

BTW : I work in Brooklyn and stopped by the ESV factory. Maybe in the not so far future we can plan a group buy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: