SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was at FishTown today and actually witnessed them refusing to sell Nemo to a newbie with a kid. They caught the Clown and was ready to bag it when the lady asked what she needed to buy to make saltwater.

I thought that was good news to report.

I

imported_angel

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
:eek:
banghead.gif
hopefully someone gave her a heads up on keeping saltwater fish especially the cute little one named nemo :D i sure wish i was there i would had told her a few good ways to establish a saltwater tank for her kid to enjoy.

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
no way, i didnt see it with my own eyes so i wont belive it. Fishtown refusing a sale come on. Do you know who teh guy helping her was?

frostbite

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea do u remember who it is that did it? Last time I went there, they had a basket star for sale. I also witness them selling a pair of harlequen shrimp to a kid and told the dad that it eats anything.

P

Pedro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve,

Was there anything nice there?...

They are not the greatest store, but their prices are ok. Just take it with a grain of salt. If you are relying on them for advice, well you shouldn't be there in the first place. They are people trying to make money, not trying to care for animals. So don't expect much.

If you take it from the top ( the owner ) , it really just trickles downhill....

SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don't know the guy. I think he's new. Maybe that's the reason.

Pedro, they had some firefishes and other nice gobies. They had a dragonwrasse, which looks unusual. They had some acros but I think they started to bleach.

[ January 27, 2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: SWW1268 ]

K

kweckstrom

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I went there with a friend of mine, and the experience wasn't anywhere NEAR as bad as any of you guys say. The 2 people we dealt with were pretty knowledgable and stuck with us the entire time.

The partially cured live rock was a steal at $4/lb... cheaper than ANYWHERE i've seen in the Metro NYC area. They had a tank of small perc clowns for like $6 each (not sure if they were true percs or ocellaris). The stuff I saw THAT day (3 saturdays ago) looked healthy, except the corals.

Granted, there were a LOT of people working in the store that day. In high-traffic outfits like that, I would expect tons of apathy from the salespeople. I'm sure they make didly-squat as a wage.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I go there on Monday nights when they get their SPS in. I found some really nice colonies at the cheapest prices I have seen anywhere. You can't go there and expect to get expert help. Do your math and look for the deals ;)

[ January 28, 2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: