vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Vio stop by a week from this coming friday and I’ll give you all the Corals you need.
Joe , many Thank You, Thank You.
I never believe i will meet a person like you and BYU .
No more frags for me , even W.D. and H.W. i got from Tusi and BYU, also High End from rare collection ( $ 400 , 600 even more, a frag). I got 50 frags combine from you guys.
BEST Good Friday for me EVER.
God bless you BYU and Tusi , i will never forgot the help , i will pay back.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Joe , many Thank You, Thank You.
I never believe i will meet a person like you and BYU .
No more frags for me , even W.D. and H.W. i got from Tusi and BYU, also High End from rare collection ( $ 400 , 600 even more, a frag). I got 50 frags combine from you guys.
BEST Good Friday for me EVER.
God bless you BYU and Tusi , i will never forgot the help , i will pay back.
Vio no need to thank me. You are a brother . You had given me so many expensive corals before that you did not hesitate. I got more to give you. Happy Easter to you and family

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Vio what salt are you using
Right now is Fritz , i like so far , low Alk. and Potassium is right there.
i use b4 Tropic Marine Pro, right now is out of stock ,
I need more time to use it ( Fritz) but may be just fine.
Low Alk. keep imunite of the tank , better.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
The Frags ( W,D.) from Joe ( Tusi) and Arnaldo 24 , starts to explode , lol,
The Nubs got biggers , they must like the new location,lol.
Here are some instances where excessive PE is bad... High ammonia presence and the coral has to respirate more than normal. The zoox is unhealthy and not doing its job with the lights on. Water has low oxygen level. It could mean plenty of good things too.

No PE could just mean that you have a fish or invert that likes to pick on the corals. It could also mean that all kind of parameters are out of whack.

In any case, PE does not really mean much. Just look for changes from day to day... if a typically hairy coral all of a sudden has no polyps out, then look into it. If all of your SPS have polyps out to the max, then also look for some bad stuff like maybe the protein skimmer is not bubbling, or something has died and you have a bit more ammonia than normal.
C/P

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Here are some instances where excessive PE is bad... High ammonia presence and the coral has to respirate more than normal. The zoox is unhealthy and not doing its job with the lights on. Water has low oxygen level. It could mean plenty of good things too.

No PE could just mean that you have a fish or invert that likes to pick on the corals. It could also mean that all kind of parameters are out of whack.

In any case, PE does not really mean much. Just look for changes from day to day... if a typically hairy coral all of a sudden has no polyps out, then look into it. If all of your SPS have polyps out to the max, then also look for some bad stuff like maybe the protein skimmer is not bubbling, or something has died and you have a bit more ammonia than normal.
C/P
SPS mostly use their polyps for gas exchange. Other corals are better at catching food, but SPS are not really good at it - lets focus on SPS since this is the SPS forum. No/less PE during the day is because the zoox are helping the coral with their gas needs. There is more at night because they have to exchange gas with the tank water. If you see a ton of PE from some vendors, they put the corals in a perfectly still photo box and the SPS have to extend their polyps more and more in the stagnant water without any flow.

SPS do not need to catch food to thrive. There is no evidence at all that they can catch anything that we offer with any kind of efficiency. Even if they do, there is no evidence that they get any nutritional value out of it. This is why you see all kinds of world-class tanks that never feed anything. Corals can sometimes get some aminos through their skin, but they are really bad at outcompeting the single cell stuff like bacteria, dinoflagelates, etc. If you think that your SPS polyps are out more because of reef roids, chili or aminos, then quit dosing them for a few months and see if anything changes - it probably will not and only a very few have ever noticed a change and started to dose again.
C/P
And many more.
If Your SPS make big and color Nubs , that the key.lol.
Hair polyps is nice for mille,lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: