[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the bonding would at least reduce/stop the possibility of a leak... but.. thats going to be a weak spot if there are any future kitty impacts.

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
if the cat knocked it over im assuming its small yes?

what are the dimentions? how thick is the acrylic? wher eis the crack?

If its in a spot that bends/flexes or a high stress area its gonna break on you

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It's a small hang on type, 12"x12"x4" and is 1/4" think. The crack is on the front side and runs down the front, from the side, about 4". When I fill it up the water leaks through the crack.

From what I read on reef central you get glue the crack with acrylic bonding solution and then also glue a acryli plate over the crack and that should hold it.

The crack is on the front so it shouldn't flex that much but I wonder if the pressure and weight of the water will cause it toe eventully break.

It maybe best just to get another piece on acrylic and glue it.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I put some glue over and in the crack and it seems to bonded and filled the crack now I'll glue on a piece of acrylic which should do it.

Does anyone know where to get the bonding glue as I'm out of it. Would Home Depot or down on Canal Street have some also what type should I get? The refugium kit came with some in a clear vial.

Michael

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: