nvladik

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hey guys, I am looking to hire some help to move a heavy tank into the basement. Any recommendation of a company that's done this before? Tank is 180, 3/4" glass.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
That's a heavy tank to go down stairs and tight turns. Depending on how wide the stairs are, you might only be able to utilize 2 very strong guys on each end. Another method is to use straps and slide it down the stairs using cardboard underneath. Still need strong guys to control the descent and shoulder the bottom though.

nvladik

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's a heavy tank to go down stairs and tight turns. Depending on how wide the stairs are, you might only be able to utilize 2 very strong guys on each end. Another method is to use straps and slide it down the stairs using cardboard underneath. Still need strong guys to control the descent and shoulder the bottom though.
Exactly that, I am not comfortable using guys that have never done it and don't know what they are doing. So I looking for someone with experience, and happy to pay for the trouble.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Exactly that, I am not comfortable using guys that have never done it and don't know what they are doing. So I looking for someone with experience, and happy to pay for the trouble.
Dave @ Reef Trends moved my 120g and helped set up my 110g cylinder tank. Highly recommended!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: