mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It sure worked for me! J/K

Actually it made me realize it takes $$$ and time to run a site like this. It's a great local site and as a result, I've enjoyed trading with many of you.

To the admins, thanks!

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mgchan,

The intent is to give some recognition to the people who are able to contribute, we know that not everyone can afford it at this time.

Donations of any size are appreciated. It doesn't pay the site costs yet, but it is very nice to know that some of you are finding value here that is worthy of a contribution!

Thanks again.

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Maybe you can leave the designations and give a breakdown of the $$$ tiers in the FAQs.

Or you could just do something like this:

<font size=3>Donations by</font>
Advertisers
Island Reef and Fin
Members
grevedin
Houseofha
etc...

Just my 2 cents...

[ February 09, 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually i think its a good thing as it is.

we all use this site pretty often and it does not operate for free, if a new person comes here and sees that its a user sponsored system they will feel pretty good about it i think.

its just a list, its not likey they have a big flashing banner saying "have YOU done YOUR part for manhattanreefs today? look at the people who have!" :D

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Originally posted by [JWS]wasabi:
its just a list, its not likey they have a big flashing banner saying "have YOU done YOUR part for manhattanreefs today? look at the people who have!" :D
I don't know about that... it's saying that right now... to me!!! LOL J/K

I know we're making light about this (some of us more than others! ;) ) but I agree, it really doesn't bother me. Sure it gives recognition to those who've donated $$$, but others have donated by participating & helping members in the forums.

Truthfully, I don't think it makes the members feel guilty but it sure does feel cool to be listed!!! That alone is worth the $5 donation. :cool:

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few things....

People shouldn't feel bad by not having their name on the list, we totally understand that some people contribute in many different ways.

I think the monetary designations make it clearer to new members how they can get their name in the list. If it didn't have the money groupings, people might think it was an exclusive group or something.

If you can't give any money right now, give someone a free frag or give someone a lift to the next group buy. Remember us when you hit the lottery though.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Trana,

All good observations - and everyone else as well -

My $.02 - say what you want - it's your site -

Additonially - people spend billions to get their "name" above the next persons - philantrhopy works in all forums and giving for the sake of wanting to is the better intention of listing those who have given - I personally, give once I sell a few things to reefers on this site - since it was the site that enabled me to do so, I throw a little bit back -

House

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Trana,

Will the sponsor list start anew every January 1 or is there a time period for each sponsor, i.e. - each sponsor is listed for exactly one year from the start date of their donation?

Michael

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: