Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthony was stunned at the selling price. I asked him if he would divulge the seller info and he didn't respond.

I'd bet any amount it was perun. He will make that back by charging $50 for 3 pinprick sized polyps.

S

stealyourhouse

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Perun would be my guess too.

I've heard of him paying more than this for rare zoos. That guy is ridiculous. At first, I respected him for focusing on aquaculturing, but if you look at his new site, a good number of the corals he offers are collected specimens.

[ February 24, 2004, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: stealyourhouse ]

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I call that stupidity. Hey, to each his own. Glad he caught a sucker. It takes more than that to catch me, lol.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
You know, there are alot of suckers out in Ebay land!

Maybe i should list some of my ultra, super, head turning, eyecatching, brown zoos! Not just a 2x1.5 piece, but an entire colony!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Not brown....chocolate!
!

[ February 24, 2004, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I gotta admit they are pretty :eek: . If I had money to burn :D . This is no different than the prices paid for purple monster frags occuring with the SPS obsessed reefers. However, I think I would take these blue zoos over the PM anyday.

To bad the Manhattanreefs members didn't each chip in for a group buy. We could have outbid anyone and each gotten a polyp
approve.gif

dreko

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I agree with solbby...

Us NYC area reefers should start doing more group buys... I'm picking up a Rose Bubble Tip anemone tomorrow from the New Jersey reef central club...

There were 13 people in this group buy, I'm getting a 3-4inch anemone for a good deal...

Next time it will be the blue zoo frag on ebay!
Dre

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Us NYC area reefers should start doing more group buys... I'm picking up a Rose Bubble Tip anemone tomorrow from the New Jersey reef central club...
I also think we should get together more as a group (like LIRA) and do frag swaps and talk shop over a few beers or someones reef tank. For example, the Boston reef club visited NY Aquaria (I happened to be in the store when they came in) as a group, saw the frag tank, got a discount on corals and seemed to generally have a great time. They actually came down from Boston to visit three local reef stores here in NY (40 minutes from the city) for a one day trip followed by a good dinner. I think the Manhattan reefers should follow their example.

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I'd be interested in organizing some meet ups or events. We used to do a lot of group buys but it seems to have died down a bit recently.

Who is interested in helping to organize an event?

What sort of events would you like to see? (give suggestions)

Thanks!

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A Frag Fest!!!

We could meet to trade/sell/buy frags. At the same time, we can do a live auction, where members bring their frags for auction. We can also do a ManhattanReefs charity auction, where each member donates a frag for the occasion with the proceeds going to MR.

If there's an interest in this, I'll be more than happy to spearhead this and form a "Frag Fest Committee." I'm sure many of us here have very limited free time, I know I'm one of them. But with members helping, we can do this! [Funny... when it comes to our tanks... we find the time! LOL]

Michael

[ February 27, 2004, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
How about setting up a quarterly Manhattan Reef member meeting? That way we can hold the meeting at NY Aquaria and have the Frag Fest there!

Whadda ya think?

[ February 27, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: heuerfan ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I think that the quarterly meeting is a really good idea, with everyone bringing frags that they want to trade. However, maybe the meetings should be in the city at a more central location, so that more people can attend (also closer to our reef tanks so that we can put all the new frags in place,
)

We could also follow the Boston Reef Clubs example by doing a NY/Ct Reefstore hop. Visit NY Aquaria, House of Fins, and Reef and Fin, all in one day followed by dinner somewhere. Maybe make that the first meeting?

Anyway, I am willing to help out in whatever way I can.
Shaun.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: