heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Hey guys, was looking into getting some of these, but can't find any info on them. DrMac sells them on his site and he told me that they would be fine under power compact lighting and decent flow.

Any comments greatly appreciated,
Steven

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
IME, they are pretty easy to take care of. I keep them under halides, but i would imagine that pc should work. I believe the key to their survival is good flow. The current helps keep the algea off their tissue, allowing the photosynthetic polyps to come out and feed. It also helps them shed off their tissue.

Just make sure they are photosynthetic. The other ones need to be fed and are a bit harder to keep.

HTH

I

Islandreefs.com

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Photosynthetic gorgonians are some ofmy favorite corals. Dr. mac is so expensive though. Check out my site. They are actually on sale right now and you can pick up on LI.

eghatchny

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom, I think the Blue Rics I got from you has a frag of Photosynthetic Gorgonian. They are doing very well under PC's.

Heuerfan, if you want to get some from Tom, I'll gladly go with you. I could use another trip to get some more stuff. Let me know.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Tom: nice website, forgot that this was your website. I like to purple ribbon gorgs you have on your site, do you ever get other colors?
Also, how big are your cleaner shrimps, i'm looking for two small ones.

eghatchny: Sure, maybe sometime next week in the evenings, can't make it this weekend.

I

Islandreefs.com

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
heh, eghatchny got the last to cleaners. I should get more in shortly. I do have 1 pacific gorgonian not on my site. it is brown though. the problem is most colorful gorgonians of filter feeders. once I sell some of my stock and have more room I'm placing an order for the red/orange gorgs that are photosynthetic. Of course there is encrusting gorgonian. But that looks more like pinkish/tan star polyps when collected from the atlantic or Bright green starpolyps from the pacific.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: