Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone have any top down pics of their tanks? I made an attempt at it.....

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2640483#post2640483

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ray, I'm going to borrow a friends camera and give it a shot...the 26th will be 1 year my reef is setup so I would like to get some good pics

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds cool Rich. Definitely give it a try mgchan. I had to turn off my return and all my powerheads to do it, and I still had some problems with the hallides reflecting off the water. But the color from the top is absolutley awesome!! It is really beautiful and has a very calming effect with the water very still. :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ray, I gave it a shot with my crappy 1.3 MP camera. Out of 50 shots these 2 were the best (they're not so good) :rolleyes:

It's harder than I thought but I'll try again in a little while. I especially want to get a pic of that purple cap frag you gave me.

topdown002.jpg

topdown001.jpg

[ March 25, 2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Shaun, no offense but these pics do your tank NO justice :D It's is MUCH better in person!!! I love the color you are getting on that stag. The frag you gave me lost some color. It still has blue tips but its not blue like when you gave it to me :confused: I dunno :rolleyes:

Hey, I didn't forget about the frag that I promised you. Whenever we get a chance to meet it's yours. I am curious to see what type of color you will get out of it. Everything seems to color up well in your tank... I have to examine your setup some more :D

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Thanks Rich. I guess I made the pictures way to big. Oh well, I am still trying to figure this picture/photography thing out.

I've gotten alot of new SPS since you last saw my tank. It's now completely SPS dominant. I step up another reef tank for all my soft corals. So we should get together and trade soon. Plus, the SPS I promised you are finally getting big enough to cut into.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Shaun, I hope you don't mind but I did a bit of resizing to your photo. I shrunk it down A LOT!!!! LOL. The green cap on the right is awesome. It has a rough skin, never saw one like that before.

Anyway..here's the pic
Top_down_view_21.JPG

[ April 08, 2004, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: