aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A quick question for everyone who frags their own soft corals. I have a smallish frag of colt coral and i cant get it to attach to a rock, I have tried everything - rubber bands, toothpicks, super glue and it always seems to break free in a day or two. I have placed it in a fairly low current area so i dont think its being ripped off by water movement. It is so frustrating!
Does anyone have any other suggestions that have worked for them?

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to attach the frag by placining it in a small container with rubble. I placed some egg crate over the container so the frag wouldnt float away. Once it attached it self to the rubble I was then able to glue it to a piece of rock. This proccess genrally takes a few weeks with a soft frag cuttining.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
AAron I used to use bridal veil mesh to hold the soft frags down to the rock....worked well

[ March 30, 2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

C

ccny

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
a bit unrelated but I am nursing a sick zoo colony that closed and started shedding in my nanocube until I upgraded to 70W MH. It's doing better now but a couple of the polyps are a bit unstable and flapping in the breeze so to speak. Should I leave them alone and they'll reattach or should I pin them down with epoxy?

C

ccny

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
thanks, will do. just hope they're not too delicate that this'll kill them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: