jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I accidently bumped into this store while working in LI. I was amazed by their selection of SPS (and also high prices). They only use PC's to light their SPS tanks and the colors are awesome. Just curious if anyone else witnessed this....

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Wow I'm surprised that they have prices on things, last time I was there they just seemed to make them up as they go along. :rolleyes:

A couple of customers in the store told me that they're noted for that, sizing up people. Also don't like on how they have all those fish, some large cramed into small tanks.

On the flip sided they do have alot of really nice corals, and yes all under PC lights. Watch out for the Aiptasia as alot of the corals had them last time I was there.

They also had a large frag area but they didn't have any prices on things and weren't cheap. Also when I was there they where getting in corals and fragging them right there for their frag tank.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yeah, they really didn't have prices on many things. I grabbed one of the workers and dragged him around with me aksing how much is this, how much is that. All their really nice stuff is in their display tank. I think you're right about them making up prices as they go along...LOL

I just can't get over the color on their SPS with just PC's. If I would have gotten colors like that I would have never switched to halides

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
they totally size people up, I was told 2 diffrent prices by two diffrent people during the same visit on some frags. I didnt think they were really overcharging me tho, it was still much less than NWA would have asked for.

in anycase, they do have a really nice selection and the freshwater ray tank is really sweet, however after I got lectured about how DSBs dont work and are totall hype I kinda lost some love for them.

but whenever im in the area (hardly ever) I always try to stop by just to see whatsup

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: