[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm... interesting.

Ive been thinking about running one for carbon and one for phosban or rowaphos..

this seems like a good way to do it.

P

Pedro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two of them and they are on their way. I am using one for carbon and one for rowaphos. It's supposed to be the best way to use the phosphate medias. I will see how it works out. For that price, i would at least try one.

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered 2 as well..

what pumps are you thinking about running them with?

[ April 21, 2004, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: [JWS]wasabi ]

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I paid like 84 something for both, including shipping. That was like $8.60.

Willie,
I am using a maxijet mini 606 which has an adjustable flow. I think i will split the pump to feed both. I was told that chaining them together is not that good due to pressure, which makes sense. If the split feed doesn't work i will feed them separately. Lower flow is recommended.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Damn, i just ordered too:(

Glippe69: can you explain to me how you have this set up, what type of pump and do you have the output going back in the tank, if so how? Are you using a return nozzle, or just have the output hose in the tank?

How often do you change the rowaphos?

Thanks in advance!

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Personally i still like the other one better. Although this one is cheaper, the other one comes with a ball valve to regulate flow. Maybe this one does too, but i don't see it in the pic.

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
petsolutions is selling the same reactor now for $31.00

Huerfan, I have the reactor and pump on the return end of my filter/sump and send the return line of the reactor back to the input end of the filter/sump.

I do also have a small ball valve setup with my reactor to regulate flow. The reactor didn't come with one.

whichever reactor you use it won't matter they all work the same. mine has been working great.

GL
Frank

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Thanks Frank, i ended up canceling my order with Northcoastmarines. He's all out currently. I ended up ordering a rainbow lifegard version, cost a bit more but better suited for my needs.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I bought the lifegard fluidized bed filter for $51.00 at Drsfostersmith.com and i'm using Rowaphos instead of phosban. Just installed everything last night, make sure to use a low flow pump, i bought the wrong pump and had to modify the impeller. I'm hoping to come home to a algae free tank! LOL

Anyway, i've read nothing but positives about Rowaphos, so i jumped on the band wagon. Phosban apparently is the same, just not as finely diced.

my 2 cents...

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea me too, I ordered Rowaphos with the phosban reactors.

I just got an email back from northcoast, they have 160 on order and are waiting for the manufacturer to ship out.. no ETA however.. im thinking I might cancel.

P

Pedro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky and bought them before the big wave. I waited like 3 days and then they shipped them out. They were very helpful in answering all my e-mails.

Justin,
They are probably just tired of getting e-mails from everyone wondering what's going on. I guess demand exceeded supply. Once they get them i'm sure they will ship them out.

Good luck to all that are waiting.

Also, a good tip is to use a fine filter bag on the return when you first set it up. That catched all the fine particles and prevents them from getting to the tank. As suggested, use low flow. I use a minijet 606 to feed both reactors. Start low and gradually increase to where you need to be.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: