jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I borrowed my friends 4.0MP camera and finally got a few clear shots of my reef. Here's one, will post more after I resize a few

[ September 06, 2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Dan and Ray. Ray, the humilis colony has finially colored up after alomst 8 months!!!! LOL. The cap is the same color but it seems to be a slow grower :rolleyes: Maybe soon it will take off.

Here is one more shot from the side
IMG_0274.JPG

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yea the cap is a slow grower, but for me it grew in spurts anyway. Your humilis does look great. I remember grevedin on this board had the most awesome looking purple humilis I have ever seen!!! Looks like those HQIs are doing your corals some good! Hmmmmmm......

Damn you Rich for tempting me!!! LOL :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Don, those are two efflos that I purchased from Fishtown Usa in Queens.
Ray, if you want to get ino the HQI's, someone is selling a pfo HQI ballast on this board. I actually bought one of my pendants from the same guy....GO FOR IT!!!!! :D
Steven, thanks for the nice words. The Orange cap has become the fastest grower in my tank

[ April 22, 2004, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Rich,
The tank looks great!!! I really like your rock design. Having two separated reef ledges is a great idea, and adds a really cool perspective (its similar to the recent tank of the month on RC).

Are you mounting SPS onto your back glass wall? It sure looks like it. Also very cool! I've been playing around with that recently also, mounting xenia, zoanthids to the sides, corner box, and back glass wall. Keeps their growth controlled and makes it easy to kill them (scrap them off with a razorblade).

One day I would love to see your tank in person,
Shaun

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Hey Shaun, Thanks!!!! Yeah I have been gluing frags to my glass and overflow box. It gets them out of the way but still gives them some really bright areas of the tank. Perhaps we can setup the next trade at my house if you're in the area, that way you can see what you like in person.

talk 2 u later

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Well, I switch my light to 20k Ab's thanks to Wedfr (Danny). The lights really make the corals fluoresce and brings out purples and blues. Anyway here are a few updated shots

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

[ September 06, 2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Angel! I have class until 1:30pm tomorrow but I don't have work until 5pm. Anytime in between is fine.

See you tomorrow

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Eugene, I'm pretty sure I can find a few frags for you ;) Pass by

Thanks Frank and Nilo. I never though I would go with 20k's. I hated the blue look but I've been having too much bleaching/color fading problems with the 250w DE 10k's. The 20k have less par and the corals seem to like it much better in my smaller reef. Its only been a few days and already I see a difference in coloration. I dont just mean the glow effect from the 20k's. I was relocating a few frags, when I took them out of the tank the color was much brighter!

House (whenever you see this), the cap is holding its color so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

PS Frank, hows the anthias doing?

[ September 07, 2004, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: