Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Guys, I need an RO System and wanted to know where I might be able to buy me one for a good price with reasonable quality. I have looked into the Pureyh20.com and buckeyefieldsupply.com sites so far. Are there any other good sites/places one can order them from?

Thanks!
Don

iconoclast

Tired Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i got mine from purely h20 off one of their ebay auctions, got it a little cheaper. we're really pleased with it. i have an ATO water reservoir, with a bulkhead at the bottom with vinyl tubing to make saltwater and kalk top off water in 5 g buckets. we also use the filter system (a different tube) to fill a 4g spigot jug that we keep in the fridge. we use 5 stage with DI. a last stage carbon filter is used for drinking water (like in the post below) but for us we don't feel the need for it, our water tastes great as far as we're concerned, but we do have heavily treated water here which is pretty clean to begin with.

you might want to try something like this... they have an included boosterpump, which is really cool. maybe they could swap out the drinking water tank stuff for a DI chamber, ATO float bulkhead and a waste water saddle valve thingy. this particular one shouldnt be used for huge amounts of water, just as they say in the listing. like 25g daily, which i think is good for lots of systems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WaterGeneral-RO...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

as for filters, you'll probably want to shop around. keep in mind you should change filters 6-12 months depending on things like your water quality and you can also replace the poly sediment more often (6 months) and the other filters maybe 8-12 months. very fine filters will need changing more often, too. you may need or want that but as long as the water coming out has zero tds..... you'll want a TDS meter too, and a pressure gauge incorporated in the system.
for effective use of the system you should have at least 35psi but upwards of 60psi is better; i think most people should be using a booster pump (myself included) if there's not enough pressure then it'll take forever to make water and you'll waste a huge amount of water. note that if you don't change your filters often enough your psi will go down

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
yes it comes with all of it, mine came with the adaptor, broke atfer 10 months so i bought the metal one ive been using it for a year and still only putting out 002 ppm, i run 20g a wek or more also

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i JUST bought the same one, i have a question though, do i need that storage tank? and the feed water, meaning the not pure water exits thru the drain pipe rite?

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Some characteristics you'll want to look for in a good system:

Standard-sized prefilters, membrane, and DI cartridge
Brand name, high-rejection membrane
Specifications provided for each stage
Pressure gauge after the prefilters and before the membrane
Thermometer
DI bypass
Vertical DI stage
Refillable DI cartridge
Aluminum bracket
Quick connect fittings
Flush valve
Clear housings
High-quality instructions
Customer support after your purchase

Russ @ BFS

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
...for effective use of the system you should have at least 35psi but upwards of 60psi is better

Just to clarify:
Filmtec brand membranes are spec'ed at 50 psi, other brands at 60 or 65 psi.

You can operate Filmtecs down to about 40 psi - below that you'll not be at all happy with how the system works.

With a booster pump like an Aquatec 8800 you can typically take pressure up to 90 psi safely. Above that you typcially exceed the maximum operating pressure of one or more system components.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: