heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I have a glass canopy and somehow the return from my remora pro skimmer flowed on top and leaked all over my carpet! I soaked up all the water around the pine cabinet, but i'm pretty sure its still damp/wet underneath the cabinet. I left fans blowing but don't know if this will help. I really don't want to tear down the tank to dry up underneath. What do you guys think, will i get mold/mildew?

Any advice greatly appreciated,
Steven

Btw: i have the thick carpet, there is foam underneath the carpet so that is probably all soaked up as well.

[ May 21, 2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: heuerfan ]

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Steven

Do you have a wet/dry vac? Since your carpet is thick it may not have soak all the way though. I would also try and take towel and rub the carpet and try and dry it as good as possible.

I would then let it dry and get some of the carpet & room deodorizer and sprinkle it on the carpet and vacum it up. This will get rid of the mold, mildew and dampness also it will make the carpet soft again.

Michael
Speaking from many water spilling exprecinces :rolleyes:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Also if the cabinet is tight against the carpet there probably a good chance the water didn't spoak underneath. The cabinet itself may have spoaked up some of the water so you need to check the bottom of the cabinet and see if it wet and dry that also if needed.

Michael

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Thanks Mike, great advice, i new you would be the first to reply!

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
true.. i had the same stain thing happen.. (I think the salt acts a bit like a bleaching agent and moves some of the dye in the carpet toward the edge of the spill)... now whenever i spill saltwater I dry and pour freshwater down and dry again.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I'm just worried about mold/mildew since it is still wet right underneath the pine cabinet. But the general concensous tells me not to worry about mold/mildew because it is saltwater.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: